Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk 2 Lcd Screen Replacement

All,

I am investigating doing a deal with a supplier to get the screens, fitting will involve you (or your electrician friend) getting the soldering iron out, instructions will be provided. The cost will be somewhere between 120 & 150 pstg for the bits I think (dont hold me to it at the mo) Anyone interested reply and I'll guage interest.

Cheers

Dave

Looks like there isnt the interest that I was hoping for .... so ..... to help andyman and anyone else thats interested, the place you want to talk to is a guy named Burl and his email address is sales@autoheat.com.au.

Regards

Dave

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi have just registered and logged on for the 1st time.

Can anyone suggest supplier for clock and temp LCD if so how much £

for Mk2 94 Ls400.

Good to have joined

Hi and welcome, see my previous reply to Bison, same link!

for Mk2 94 Ls400.

Good to have joined

Thanks DavePruce

I will be getting in touch with maria. whilst i'm on is this a job I can do myself if so can you give any tips ie how to remove old one from dash etc.

any advice would be greatly appreciated and again thanks.

for Mk2 94 Ls400.

Good to have joined

Thanks DavePruce

I will be getting in touch with maria. whilst i'm on is this a job I can do myself if so can you give any tips ie how to remove old one from dash etc.

Not a job that I would like to do myself having seen what Derek had to do!!

However, it really is 'ONLY' a soldering and fiddly job, but you'd best have good tools and LOTS of patience.

If I were to try it myself now, I probably would use Cat5 Lan (or similar from such as Maplins) cable as that is probably the thinnest (a factor - believe me!).

This page http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm will help with the removal.

Good luck

Dave

for Mk2 94 Ls400.

Good to have joined

Thanks DavePruce

Not a job that I would like to do myself having seen what Derek had to do!!

However, it really is 'ONLY' a soldering and fiddly job, but you'd best have good tools and LOTS of patience.

If I were to try it myself now, I probably would use Cat5 Lan (or similar from such as Maplins) cable as that is probably the thinnest (a factor - believe me!).

This page http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm will help with the removal.

Good luck

Dave

To DavePruce

Thanks for the reply and helpful tips I'm pretty handy at all types of car maintence

but will reserve my decision whether to attempt fitting a new LCD until I actually see the unit and whats involved.

I'll keep you posted on my decision and if I decide to have a go myself will hopefully give a report on it.

Thanks

Dave E

Hello All,

I have been in the motor repair trade (old school repair NOT replace) for the last 37 years, when my 93 LS400's air con / clock LCD failed I was determined not to pay Lexus £504 (£851 for a MK1 car) for a brand new unit when only the LCD had leaked.

As we all now know Jim Walker is probably the worlds most respected authority on these items, manufacturing replacements superior to the originals in that they have a far wider operating temperature, unfortunately Jim only makes MK1 right hand drive versions the wiring connections to these are totally DIFFERENT to the Mk2 version.

Recently I have been in frequent contact with Jim and have managed to adapt the wiring to a MK1 version to work perfectly in my MK2 car, I have also replaced the LCD's on MK1 cars, so now have a fair bit of experience with this problem.

Jim has kindly passed on my details to other 400 owners in England who have contacted him directly and has very kindly referred to me as his English agent.

If anyone wants this defect repaired but does not feel confident enough to undertake this challenge, I will undertake the job very economically supplying both the new LCD and replacing all 7 of the backlight bulbs for a 'bright new display', I will also send any prospective customers jpegs of my work and previous customer No. for references.

The conversion for a MK2 car involves cross wiring some 51 connections and has taken a lot of perfecting so please don't ask for the secrets, as I have stated it works and reads perfectly with photos provided for proof.

Help is at hand please get in touch if you wish to, chrisvince@btopenworld.com

Regards,

Chris Vince

just an update

Has anyone found new clock/temp screens yet for the Mk2 ?? :driving:

Hi Dave

I have a MK2 and have just changed my LCD it works perfectly but is extremely complicated, please read my post on the owners site.

Regards,

Chris Vince

I mighbe intersted in a spare for my mk2, It's ok at the mo, but starting to fade.

How do I go about getting one? and did you say they can be fitted? what are prices?

Bison

Hi Bison,

I have a MK2 and have just changed my LCD it works perfectly but is extremely complicated, please read my post on the owners site.

Regards,

Chris Vince