Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gran Tourismo 4

johnboy

I know a chap in SCEE </blatant show off>(I'm on the BAFTA interactive jury)</blatant show off> who reckons they are desparately trying to get it finished for an Xmas 2004 launch in the US. He thinks Jan/Feb launch in the UK if we're lucky.

In the meantime Burnout 3 is bloody awesome, and Outrun2 is out next month - the demo is pretty good :)

GT4 will be out december at the earliest

it wnt be out october or novemeber coz new GTA san andreas will be out in october and that will be the game of the yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will be here christmas as long as the US gets there release, doubt we will get it same time/earlier as US.

anyways burnout 3 is class

but **** that ya'l need to go pre order GTA san andreas, anyone that played the last games in the series will know how good they are and this is 4times bigger than GTA vice city plus no loading tiimes between cities plus u can rob houses etc plus **** load more stuff

and if for some crazy a.s.s reason you never played a GTA game,go get yourself a copy, you wnt be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!

and yeah im a GTA fan!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sony announced the release date of Gran Turismo 4 for PS2, the game is scheduled to release in Japan on December 3, follow by a US and Europe release on December 17. However the online play will be removed, the game will remain as an offline game like the previous games in the series.

I never liked the GTA games

but burnout 3 and outrun 2 are awesome on the Xbox :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an IT manager for Entertainment UK (supplies DVD's, videos, games etc to every store of Woolies, Tesco, Safeway etc in the UK) and our systems show a release date of 29th October for GT4 on the PS2 and I can't find anything to say this has been delayed. Its also reflected on the Woolworths website as well.

UK release for GT4 is 14th December 2004. It was going to be early 2005 but SCEA kicked up a stink and demanded it before Xmas, so Polyphony Digital removed the on online element to get it ready :)

A full online version will follow in 2005 apparently.

I have been told by people in the games development comunity here in the North West that the game has been delayed. SCEE are apparently droping the network conection for it to try and get it out in time for christmas. Still want it and Need for speed underground 2 plus my new PC for Starship troopers. With all these games am I going to get any work done?

More delays... this is getting unbearable!

Sony UK has confirmed this morning that Gran Turismo 4 will be delayed in Europe. Hopes of a December release for the hotly anticipated sequel on these shores have subsequently been dashed, with the PAL version now pencilled in for release in Q1 2005.

Sony UK has confirmed this morning that Gran Turismo 4 will be delayed in Europe. Hopes of a December release for the hotly anticipated sequel on these shores have subsequently been dashed, with the PAL version now pencilled in for release in Q1 2005.

Which is what UKPSM2 were saying back in September. :blink:

I guess a few people were confusing GT4 with GTA:SA which is out in 2 days time (fingers crossed!)