Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Added Sat Nav To My Is200se

idmax

Just finished fitting my Alpine NVE N099P navigation system with an Alpine Touch panel TME M770 screen. This system amazing. It took me about a day to fit it. It has several advantages over the standard Lexus navigation such as the touch control and also the TMC traffic alert system. I noticed how quick it is compared to my older Alpine INA N333R i used to have in my last car. The routing of the wiring was the hardest part. I have mounted the screen in a TRD dash tray. It is always open and on show unfortunatly. I wish steve audio would sell me one of his motorized ones. The navigation computer is in the boot. The screen and the navigation get their swiched power supply from behind the cigarette lighter, the permanent power supply was taken direct from the Battery f or the navigation unit. The scrren only needs a switched supply. The handbrake cables on both units were grounded so all operations are possible even when driving. The speed signal was taken from behind the speedo (white wire with blue stripe). I was told you can pick it up in the footwells but despite searching I couldnt find it there. Anyway behind the speedo was quite easy to locate. I have the GPS antenna placed on the rear parcel shelf, I was worried it might not work there due to the heated screen but after testing it I was recieving full signal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I thought about that myself, i mean the "STOCK" look, because if i put aftermarked headunit in dash, it will be stolen soon, so this is nice setup! Now i am using iPAQ 3950+GPS unit for navigation and for movies:) funny, but You can enjoy watching movies in PDA:)

Nice work mate. So you have fixed the screen in place? You don't fold it down manually? Like you, I spoke to Steve at JAE about his motorised unit, he didn't seem keen to sell the unit on its own. I have looked for a similar unit, and found one in the states only to be told that the company I found no longer sold them :angry: So now I'm either going to mount the screen in the double din area, and put my single din head unit below (relocating switches) or trying to find a sat nav housing at a scrap yard :(

I paid £1275 for the naviagtion system and the screen together, fitted it myself so that was the only cost really. Shame its not motorizes but it does look factory. I had to fix the screen in place as there isnt enough space in the dash tray for the screen. Install is not as hard as it looks. Just need a multimeter so you tap into the right wires.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links