Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE supercharger or Turboconversion or anothercar?

The subject says pretty much what Im thinking about.

I currently drive a non modified IS200, and Im so darn tired of getting outraced by everyone.

So, how much acceleration can I gain by supercharging my IS, without any other mods exept the SC?

(If I wont come bellow 7sec 0-62mph, I wouldent want to spend very much money).

What positive/negative differences are there between the supercharger and a turboconversion? (Any performance differences?) I know the main differeces since I already drive another supercharged car.

Or should I just sell my IS, get a Honda S2000 for the money (0-62mph in 6.2), buy a vortech SC (4000$), and get 240hp + 100hp???

/Marcus

I will be getting my car back mid this week with supercharger plus some other bits so I'll do a 0 - 60 and let you know how it goes, I'm hoping to be sub 6 seconds.

If you are after serious power then turbo charging is probably the way to go but the super charger seems the better all round option to me.

When I got my IS200 I spent a while trying to decide between S2000 and IS200, although the S2000 has got a great engine package its handling is nowhere near as good. I also like the IS200 since its a bit of a sleeper car, with a small amount of work it can be made to go quick whilst looking pretty standard.

Is somebodu calulated what is pulley ratio ot TTE supercharger kit. (How much supercharger is getting RPM when Engine RPM is 1000) I like to know that how much there is potential in that blower unit. If is possible to give more rpm to that blower. I thing there is possible to get 270 - 280 hp from engine. I am installing currentlu same mercedes 230c compressor that TTE use theme kit, but i get much bigger intercooler, Greddy eManage engine management. And i am planning to put 0.6 bar pressure if blower unit offer that.

Also nex thing is cluch & flywheel upgrade. And HKS exhaust pipe.

ALso one thing what TTE dont use that kit is that electric cluch in blower unit. I will use that in low rpm & rpm limit.

I'm no expert but someone mentioned in an earlier thread that you need to upgrade the engine internals to increase power much beyond the standard TTE S/C upgrade. Try a search - there's been a fair bit written about the possibilities.

When I spoke to a turbo installation company they said that I might go up to around 250hp without risking to blow the engine... I dont remember how many bar that would have been.

I also spoke to tech at lexus stockholm who said that upgrading the pulley wouldent be a problem, but that I probably couldent go further than 250hp (I want to be able to go to 300+).

He also said that the gearbox would be OK with around 330hp.

So, if you want to go to 250+ you will probably have to upgrade the internals...

TTE in germany might have a 300hp+ IS200, Im not sure about that or if it was just a rumor..

gearbox MMMMMM!!!! wouldnt want to put much power thru as it is so crap at the moment with only 155 at the crank - would hate to think what it would be like after some time running 300+ thru it!!!!!!

We have developed the stage 1 compressor boost upgrade which consists of pulley and belt, and ecu. This conversion is safe with the standard engine internal, but we will also offer a high boost conversion wich will require uprated pistons and rods.

Mark :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey mat! so do you think i should upgrade the internals of the engine and run higher boost? but the transmisson would only handle 250hp..

my car is 140.9kw at rear wheels so im already near the 250hp mark.. should i say bye bye to my transmission with the extra boost im thinking of?

no...im not saying at 250bhp the gearbox will give up...........

i wouldnt thrash the box at 250 +.......the way you can at sub 250 mark

i would imagine if its safe at 250 it will hold to over 300,but reliability would be strongly affected

• 1 year later...