Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Bmw M5

Fidgits

The new model even has 10 (yes 10!), throttle bodies! They've taken off the active steering that the regular 5 series has.

Also, it starts up in 400hp mode, and if you want the full 500hp, you have to push a button on the dash. BMW reckon if the engine started with a full 500hp, it "might" be dangerous in the wet!!!

When do Lexus UK get around to launching an L series division to compete with BMW's M and Mercedes AMG?

Rumour has it the new A8 6.0 W12 with 400hp is just the platform for a RS8 model twin turbo developing 600hp!!

When I was growing up 500-600hp was the domain of Formula 1 engines!

Do you think that maybe in about 20 years time the average family car will have like 350hp???????

Must say i prefer the looks of the old one/// do love those wheels though!

You decided what your getting next yet Ian?

decided to stick with the IS, cant find anything that comes close to it from an 'all round' perspective..

The new 5 series has a really nice engine, and I bet it's full of new toys and features on the inside, but the outside ? .... *** it's awwwful!

Yes, I agree the front lights to look "similar" to the IS, but as for the rest of it it ? AWFUL!

The M5 shape previous to this was much better, it just has to be said ..... looks so much meaner.

m5lemans.jpg

Now, you tell me, that this shape doesn't look better than the new one !

Grrr :-) lol

The new model even has 10 (yes 10!), throttle bodies! They've taken off the active steering that the regular 5 series has.

Also, it starts up in 400hp mode, and if you want the full 500hp, you have to push a button on the dash. BMW reckon if the engine started with a full 500hp, it "might" be dangerous in the wet!!!

When do Lexus UK get around to launching an L series division to compete with BMW's M and Mercedes AMG?

Rumour has it the new A8 6.0 W12 with 400hp is just the platform for a RS8 model twin turbo developing 600hp!!

When I was growing up 500-600hp was the domain of Formula 1 engines!

Do you think that maybe in about 20 years time the average family car will have like 350hp???????

In twenty years time? No, I'd guess there'll be a lot of electric cars about. I recall in the seventies 'Scientist predict' etc, that oil reserves would run out in about 1995.....so....? But I think that this ever larger engine.BHP etc growth is a sign of lunacy/ mutual heads-up-****s obsession based especially in Germany. (It's mainly Bmw/VW/Audi/Merc, notice?)

Where the hell are we going to be ABLE to use any excess power anyway. (And also, who the hell can drive that well anyway? By the time you can afford the price, your reactions have slowed with age anyway-NOT agist! I'm over 50!-or you're a footballer ....The projections on oil may be dubious, but the cars-per-head figure isn't! Perhaps we'll all be on rails like Scalextric? :tomato:

I like the trend towards more STYLE in cars though. Chris' prediction. Bonnets will get more featured/pointy/less rounded. 61 Pontiac etc style. Volvo are going that way; Nissan....Alfa. :winky:

Got to admit I do like that - it's already been said the front end is similar to the IS anyway and the back end reminds me of the newer shape Scoobies with the way the lights look angry!

Love those alloys too - didn't the ones on the LF-C look like that too? Very nice indeed :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links