Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Owners of Black IS200's...

Hi Blue,

Sounds just like Scoobies or perhaps it's just Japanese cars.

How hard is it to get touched up again.

I may just opt to have a monthly trip to the dealer to get it done:D

Oh, I went for a test drive yesterday and I'm impressed. Doesn't come close in power, but I knew that. Handling is good and the car feels very good.

I'm really taken to them now and I've just got to try and find the right one.

Mojo

Originally posted by Blue Thunder

My car is Royal Sapphire and yes the stone chips are a problem and yes they do notice on dark cars. The paint is so soft that I was hit in the drivers door by a stone and it took off the paint!!

Mine's the same colour, same problems! My car came with a tin of touch up paint so it's not an unusual problem! Don't know about stone chips specifically on the black ones, but I know you have to keep 'em polished! :yes:

Touching up the car isnt really a problem just a pain. I posted a message a while back about Autosharp pens from the US they are like felt tips but with your colour paint in them. I find they work well. It is disapointing, that after running a number of German Cars ( Before you shoot me NEVER a BMW!!) with bullet proof paint the amount of chips this car has collected is a shock.

Claire sorry to see you have the Monday blues, soon be the weekend, and you can get out there and give the car a polish!!

A bit early yet as mine is only two months old but I've already had one stone chip on the rear door surround. Touched up OK though.

Astral Black is the colour to go for . . . . . if you're happy to keep your car clean it looks stunning !

my ASTRAL BLACK IS200 SE ARRIVES IN 27 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! yeah black is the colour to get. it compliments the clear lights and the alloys better than other colours. get it de-badged and put some gold plated badges on it and it will look ace and even better wen i tint the windows.

Originally posted by Blue Thunder

Claire sorry to see you have the Monday blues, soon be the weekend, and you can get out there and give the car a polish!!

Bought a jetwash at JAE too...like a kiddy with a new toy. Washed my car and my mum's at the weekend :saint:

Black is by far the hardest colour to keep clean.

You will see every dust mark and stone chip.

So far my Astral Black IS has had only a few stone chips but all have touched up OK.

Black in my eyes is the only colour to go for when clean and shinning its is by far the best looking colour about.

So go for black..

I:cool:

http://teamlexus.co.uk/html/modules/galler...1/akx.sized.jpg

Only buy a Black car if you like cleaning, I have owned Black cars for a long time and they are really hard work to keep, but the satisfaction you get when they are clean is worth it.

I suggest you try one of those paint protection systems, they cut down on polishing which causes swirls and ultimatly spoils Black paint. I have Toughseal on mine and the car was Blacker after it was applied then when I picked it up from the dealer.

brn7y what is this toughseal stuff. how do you apply it where do you get it from and how much. sorry for all the questions.

yeah black cars r a lot of work but they look the best and when you drive at night and the street lights shine down on the car, it looks amazing it makes the lexus look real rugged and mean, more than it looks already:cool:

I have had my IS for 7 months now and covered 6500 miles, I have had quite a few stone chips which stood out quite a bit. I have touched them all up now using the AutoSharp pen from the USA and ChipsAway finished a couple of large ones for me. The car does look very nice when clean but it does take some work keeping it nice. I find the Lexus paint hard work that seems to dull easily & mark even easier.

Originally posted by Playa

brn7y what is this toughseal stuff. how do you apply it where do you get it from and how much. sorry for all the questions.

yeah black cars r a lot of work but they look the best and when you drive at night and the street lights shine down on the car, it looks amazing it makes the lexus look real rugged and mean, more than it looks already:cool:

Toughseal is a coating aplied to your paintwork which fills in all the microscopic roughness on your paint. It is applyed by an aproved retailer and will cost £130-£150.

Try http://www.toughseal.co.uk

Originally posted by sblyth

I have just recently swapped by Astral Black MR2 roadster for a Granite Sky IS200SE. The Mr2 took a lot of work to keep looking clean. The Granite Sky is a breath of fresh air. Are you sure you want black??

yeah i think black is an ace colour and makes the lex stand out loads, suits it ace. im sure the ploishing and hard work will be worth when people stop and stare

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links