Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Looking Ls400 On Ebay

Thanks for all the help/comments/advice etc guys, but I have now sold the car for a price that both I (and the new owner-to-be) are very happy with! :)

A retired ex-Toyota mechanic came and looked at it (the first person to view the car!).

He was full of expletives, and could not believe that it was 10 years old.

If I am honest, I think that I will miss the car. It is without a doubt the cleanest, most reliable and best condition car I have ever owned.

But as with most things in life, you have to move on. I now have more time and effort to put into finishing off the few jobs I want to do on the Merc!

So, the LS400 chapter in my life is now over - but not forgotten.

Maybe I will be back again someday!? :crying:

Best wishes to all here for the future.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Maneesh,

Thanks for the interest etc. The main reason that I sold the LS400 was due to lack of use. In the 6 months or so that I had owned the car, it had only covered ~ 1500 miles!

Due to work commitments, I am now using a company car, and the Lexus only got used about every other week!

It was an amazing car. I have never bought or sold a car in my life that was in as good condition as the LS, even my current Merc.

It had absolutely no faults whatsoever, and put many 2 or 3 year old cars to shame, both cosmetically and mechanically.

Anyway - shock, horror, I now have a C230 Kompressor Sport, in black, with black leather, heated seats, air con etc etc. I know it is a different class of car, but for the miles that I am doing it is more than adequate!

If I was ever to offer any advice to future/prospective LS400 owners, it would be the following

Don't go for the cheap ones! Although there are the typical rumours that these cars can go on forever, and are 'Toyotas', therefore are reliable and are cheap to maintain, then think again!

Buy the lowest-mileage, best-maintained example that you can, and get a decent service history. Check all the usual weak areas (air con, LCD displays, needles in instument cluster etc etc), and reject any examples with faults. The reason that I say this is because the good examples don't cost that much more than the tatty ones, and will cost you much less to maintain in the long run.

After all, a car that originally cost £40-50K new is made up of parts that cost at least that much, even if it is only £2000 to buy ;)

Choose carefully, and happy motoring.

Signing off,

Cheers,

Will :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links