Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Major Help Needed Asap

HELP ME PLEASE

got out to the car today and tried to open it using remote on key : no flashing of indicators ! opened it manually and alarm goes crazy , managed to stop alarm going so can still drive it but i changed the Battery in key and still not working remotely

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it ???

Before we close this thread I would like to know how easy it is to change the Battery? I have a W reg IS200SE and although everything is OK at the moment the time will come when the Battery needs to be renewed. I feel a bit apprehensive that if I take the Battery out the progamming may be effected. I read somewhere that one should put the new Battery in at once with no delay but I do not know if the correspondent was referring to Lexus types.

i tried what was in that link mudzs but didnt work , i tried disconnecting the Battery for 20 minutes to see if it would reset it but no joy only thing it caused was to lose the settings on my h/unit and had to reset my PS2

i dunno whats causing this problem seems as though its gonna be a wallet busting trip to the dealer

Before we close this thread I would like to know how easy it is to change the battery? I have a W reg IS200SE and although everything is OK at the moment the time will come when the battery needs to be renewed. I feel a bit apprehensive that if I take the battery out the progamming may be effected. I read somewhere that one should put the new battery in at once with no delay but I do not know if the correspondent was referring to Lexus types.

The key isn't programmed so there is nothing to lose, it's the car that gets programmed to work with the key. I've had a key with no Battery in it for several months, put in a new Battery and works fine.

HELP ME PLEASE

got out to the car today and tried to open it using remote on key : no flashing of indicators ! opened it manually and alarm goes crazy , managed to stop alarm going so can still drive it but i changed the battery in key and still not working remotely

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it ???

I have exactly the same problem at the moment. The only way i have resolved it in the past, is to take my car to my local dealer, where the keys are re programmed. It's a fairly straight forward procedure which takes about 2 mins per key, (remeber to take all your keys with you) If that fails,the on board memory has to be cleared of all previous codes,in the workshop. Had it done three times so far in 2.6 years. it's annoying,but a new control box outside of warranty is a killer.

Hope this helps

i tried what was in that link mudzs but didnt work , i tried disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes to see if it would reset it but no joy only thing it caused was to lose the settings on my h/unit and had to reset my PS2

i dunno whats causing this problem seems as though its gonna be a wallet busting trip to the dealer

ok! you are right and this action is a good procedoure... :excl: but the contact key is knowless via ECU and this is the only engine start equip. that must be programmed

and first you must change the key batt,Then you must re-program the ECU.To do that,you only must insert the main key(with new batts installed) into the keyguard and turn to contact ON position wait a few seconds then Off,and so with the second programable key and,very important,the paperguard key too.This is because the three keys are an antenna system to close the electrical/electronic circuit via keyguard to ECU and restart the car... :hehe: :luck:

i tried what was in that link mudzs but didnt work , i tried disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes to see if it would reset it but no joy only thing it caused was to lose the settings on my h/unit and had to reset my PS2

That procedure is for programming the immobilier not the central locking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links