Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport Badge

smw

errr . . right . . don't mind who has the badge once I get it off - free to a good home. Bit of a conflict of advice though - will taking off the badge leave a 'plate' or not ? Has anyone actually done it ? What about the 'L' - can I get that off too ?

errr . . right . . don't mind who has the badge once I get it off - free to a good home. Bit of a conflict of advice though - will taking off the badge leave a 'plate' or not ? Has anyone actually done it ? What about the 'L' - can I get that off too ?

If you are able to get it off ! I'll take the sport badge and the "L" - I'll pay postage etc if you want - cheers !

mine hasnt got a plate ,just a badge,if yours has a plate then mat is right ,

i have done it twice.........

if its the sports grill the sport badge is fixed to the mesh with glue and 2 push prongs..

once the plastic sport badge is removed your left with a small plate with 2 holes in it, it is this plate which is plastic coated to the grill.......

Mines got the plate behind it. If you don't believe people just take the whole sports grill out (very easy, 5 screws and 3 push clips at the back on the bottom) and have a look at the back. you will find that the mesh becomes a plate behind the sports badge.

Besty - you sure your not getting mixed up with the 'L' lexus badge?

SMW - you sure you mean the sport badge and not the 'L' lexus badge?

Ps you can get different badges to replace the sports badge. TTE, TRD etc...

Mines got the plate behind it. If you don't believe people just take the whole sports grill out (very easy, 5 screws and 3 push clips at the back on the bottom) and have a look at the back. you will find that the mesh becomes a plate behind the sports badge.

Besty - you sure your not getting mixed up with the 'L' lexus badge?

SMW - you sure you mean the sport badge and not the 'L' lexus badge?

Ps you can get different badges to replace the sports badge. TTE, TRD etc...

Right had a fiddle in good daylight today - the sport logo is on a separate section - in other words removing it will leave a plastic plate on the grill.

I just don't like the 'sport' badge because it's an SE - I could live with a TRD badge as I have some parts.

Where do you get these TRD / TTE replacement badges etc.

Why not just replace the mesh instead? Mesh is quite cheap to buy, you get exactly what you want look wise, have a look at my motor in the garage (link below).

It's an easy job to do!

Stu

Thanks very much for the info - ordered the badge today from Andrew Rowley Toyota St Albans and get it next Thursday - £4.28 + VAT.

Will it come with the fixings needed or do I have to save the old ones (they look like push fit rivet caps so I guess they wont go on again very well ?

Glad to be of help ;)

As for the fixing, the TTE badge just comes itself with a sticky backing (after removing the tape). I'm not sure what the Sport badge on the mesh grill is like or how you would fit the TTE badge?

P.S. I was over visting my cousins in Bedmond over the weekend and they took me out and about where they live, think I was in St. Albans! Didn't see yours or any IS200's though but I did see a few on the M25 from London. Still quite rare in the mainland from what I can see?

I didn't have mine, had a rented Laugna dCi as I flew over :driving: