Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tomtom Poi

Rob

hi all, i am after a good/easy to use POI software for use with tomtom nav 3 i am wanting to add speedcamera poi i did try checkPOInt but could never get it to connect to the net to validate/sync --------------- so do u know of another one which works??? its for a PPC BTW.

Just use checkpoint - don't worry about the update thing (its never worked properly as far as I know).

Manually copy the .ov2 & .bmp files to the same directory as the maps.

its not the update its the activaton/sync with the website with out that it wont work so u cant add in the overlays ;) hhhmmumffff

hi all,  i am after a good/easy to use POI software for use with tomtom nav 3 i am wanting to add speedcamera poi  i did try  checkPOInt  but could never get it to connect to the net to validate/sync ---------------    so do u know of another one which works???  its for a PPC BTW.

Go to here type 'poi' in the box and click on search. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

its not the update its the activaton/sync with the website with out that it wont work so u cant add in the overlays hhhmmumffff

Sorry, my bad. When I say update I mean overlay(s).

Checkpoint is one of the better POI add ons IMHO (I'm using v3.2). This has an option to download overlays (they call it synchronisation) from a site called POIplace - I've never been able to get this to work & I know others who have had trouble as well - I assume this is the bit you are having trouble with?

What I do is download the overlay/database file(s) and manually copy them to the same directory as my maps. Checkpoint & Tomtom then find these when you next run them and you're away.

In the UK I get the overlays/database from pocketgps.com but they don't do European countries (except a bit of France). The only European overlays that I know of are from POIplace (poiplace.oabsoftware.nl). As the sync thing won't work, log into the site & download the overlay(s) you want to your computer then copy as above.

If you're not happy with Checkpoint have a look at Risky3301's link above for alternatives but note that whichever POI addon you use you'll still need an overlay or database of camera positions to make it work.

Good luck.