Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Legal

lexi1

I am taking my IS into the local bodyshop next Monday it is less than half a mile away. If i remove the front bumper and then drive the car to the garage obviously with the number plate placed somewhere visable and friend driving in front, would this be illegal. I want to take the bumper off before hand for a couple of reasons, 1 being i have someone who wants it ASAP and secondly even though i have no reason to suspect the garage it will be in for a week and i will sleep easier knowing no one is driving it around in the night as i have known this to happen. The bumper will be being replaced with a genuine front styling kit bumper to which i will re-attach the no. plate on collection. If this is OK can anyone give me any pointers on how to remove the bumper.

Thanks fellas.

I would think it's not legal ...... safety issues etc. , but what are the chances of being seen / caught? I have driven a car with the front missing to an MOT testing station ...... and chanced it ......

Only my opinion .....

i do believe that for safety reasons (or mot reasons rather) there should be no sharp edges or places that can catch or snag on to people and objects.. anyways im sure if you get caught the police would use there judgement and say ok..

Cheers guys, based on your replies and as i will only be travelling 0.5 miles, i think i will take the chance. I intend having a friend driving in front of me anyway. Can anyone now give me any tips on removal or will it be obvious when i attempt it this weekend.

If the vehicle is exposing any sharp of objects - you can be reported for driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition.

And did you say that you were going to have your mate sitting in the boot ? - you can get 3 points, and a £60 fine for that - Driving with an insecure / dangerous load.

But - if it's only 0.5 miles, I'm sure you probably won't even be seen, or even if you are - I'm sure the officer will give you some grace ......

Scarface my friend. My post states a friend will be driving in front of me, in a different vehicle not sat in the boot, i cant see much advantage to that.

Right, ...... i'm off to specsavers ! :whistling: