Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Price Quotes

Stu

Think i'm gonna need some tyres for the motor after today, and here are some of the quotes i have got so far:

(All for 215/45-17 inclusive of VAT & Fitting)

Pirelli £94 & £111

Bridgestone £103

Dunlop £94 & £114

Kumo £61

Fulda £84

BF Goodrich £102

I'm not sure about which to go for, not necessarily on the list above, but i haven't got a fortune to spend, and i don't want to end up buying rubbish, so a middle range tyre is ok with me, does anyone have any suggestions as to brand etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Stu

I've bought Fuldas before (not for an IS though). Seemed okay, reasonable grip and lasted a fair while too. The guy who fitted them to my car mentioned something about the fact that Fulda are actually owned Goodyear.

Just found a website that says they will deliver and fit the tyres the free, possibly the same day, but i am not sure what the speed rating is on the IS. Any ideas?

Here is the site: www.etyres.co.uk

Stu

I swear by Dunlop SP9000's, previously I had potenza's which lasted 18k but my dunlops are doing 26k so far and have about 4k left !!! So it's up to you spend a bit more get more miles!

Wish my SP9000's lasted that long. I reckon I'll get about 15k out of mine (if I'm lucky).

Stu,

Don't know if this is any use to you but I'm also in the market for a set of ultra performance tyres this week and have done a **** load of reading across the net and on here.

Now, the Bridgestone S03PP are coming out as pretty much the best rated tyre in the dry, they're good in the wet, but Colin once remarked that they are loud in terms of road noise transmitted to the car (louder than the Dunlops anyhow).

Mr Clawley swears by the Toyo's mentioned above and they're the "only tyres he'll ever use" - after seeing Mat's driving he must go through a lot of them :lol:

Andy has tried the Toyo's or Bridgestones and the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 and rates the Goodyears as just as good in the dry, and better in the wet.

However, I can't get a definitive answer here but from what I've seen the Goodyear's will be louder than the other's.

I also picked up on the fact that Gord (GRiM) has tried a lot of rubber and rated the Goodyear's extremely highly, but looking at his garage currently has the Toyo's fitted - now I'm confused :P

So, I've brought it down to either the Toyo's or the Goodyear's, and I think the GS-D3's will be going on my car soon!!!

I'd like the Bridgestones as they get fantastic reviews but the fact that i'm going to get very similar performance from the Goodyear's sort of swings me.

If anyone here has tried two or three of the above maybe they could offer us a comparision of them to help further?

Slighty :offtopic: when ever I read about tyres on here no one ever mentions Michelins, any reason? My car has a full set of Pilots on and they seem very good, when they are ready to go I would probably keep to the same unless you know something I don't :shifty::unsure:

Slighty :offtopic: when ever I read about tyres on here no one ever mentions Michelins, any reason? My car has a full set of Pilots on and they seem very good, when they are ready to go I would probably keep to the same unless you know something I don't :shifty::unsure:

What Pilots, there are quite a few versions.

I've always found Michelins too expensive and anything other than their top high performance tyres too hard.

Thanks for that Stu, in the end I've gone with a local tyre place, £110 + VAT for the Toyo's (they had them in stock so that swung me).

All I need now is a car to put the tyres on :whistling:

Slighty  :offtopic:  when ever I read about tyres on here no one ever mentions Michelins, any reason? My car has a full set of Pilots on and they seem very good, when they are ready to go I would probably keep to the same unless you know something I don't  :shifty:  :unsure:

What Pilots, there are quite a few versions.

I've always found Michelins too expensive and anything other than their top high performance tyres too hard.

Pilot Sports?

• 1 month later...

well what the hell ill throw another brand in the mix just to confuse you further.

Hankook Ventus Sport k104 there £64.10 each delivered to your door in 215/45/17 i was looking at these last week on www.mytyres.co.uk

now the reviews i read said they were very good and seemed comparable to the bridgestones fitted by lexus but quieter ..

so unless anything else comes up in the meantime they will be going on my car next at that price