Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gonna Need A New Clutch

Stu

Just got my service report back from Lexus, and they gave me some advisory points - my drivers side mirror glass is cracked (and they want £85 to replace it :blink: i don't think so somehow!)

and the best bit is that my clutch is 75% worn, and i'm gonna need a new one before long.

Can't believe its that close to death at the age of the car, it's only 5 years old. Is this normal wear for a clutch?

They're gonna tell me the price when i go to pick it up, but how much should i be preapred to spend on it being repaired?

Stu

She's got 64k on the clock colin, and i would have thought that it should last longer than that! Perhaps the old boy that owned it before me was a clutch rider! :P

Dave, i had a look at the uprated one, and depending on how much i get quoted by lexus to have it fitted etc. may well give you a call about an uprated one! Do you do fitting?!

Stu

She's got 64k on the clock colin, and i would have thought that it should last longer than that! Perhaps the old boy that owned it before me was a clutch rider! :P

Dave, i had a look at the uprated one, and depending on how much i get quoted by lexus to have it fitted etc. may well give you a call about an uprated one! Do you do fitting?!

Stu

we do indeed our price is reduced by 35 squid to 315 ish inc VAT.

got someone not far from you :whistling:

Excellent stuff Mr Ellen!

What i'll do then, is find out how much Lexus want to do it, how long they reckon it'll hold up before i need a new one, and then i'll post up here tomorrow, PM you and we'll sort out from there.

Stu

What i'll do then, is find out how much Lexus want to do it, how long they reckon it'll hold up before i need a new one, and then i'll post up here tomorrow, PM you and we'll sort out from there.

Stu

No worries,

When mine went i drove it for a week with it slipping....

next time you are out give it some stick in 3rd if the engine revs rise but the car is not accelerating then its time for a change :whistling:

Stu

No worries,

When mine went i drove it for a week with it slipping....

next time you are out give it some stick in 3rd if the engine revs rise but the car is not accelerating then its time for a change :whistling:

Im all ways giveing my IS stick in 3rd and it flys along :) and i have 98000 miles on the clock,

Slightly confused here, do you mean just put it in third and put the right foot as hard to the floor as it will go to see what happens to the revs/accelleration on it?

Stu

trundle along at say 40 in 3rd.

floor it

watch the rev counter it should rise as well as the speed imcreases if it rises too fast and the speed doesnt increase then the clutch is slipping and need replacing

Seems to be OK from what you suggested Dave, ie booting it in third, and they want £480 all in to change it. Me thinks not!

Will PM you a bit later about it all.

Cheers for the advice guys!

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links