Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alot of the newer mobile phones that are now availble are Blue Tooth Compatible, usually it will be mentioned on the function listings. I use the Sony T610 & 7000i, both of these are good, have a good range for the Blue Tooth headset. I know that there are 3 types of Blue Tooth, depending on distance and speed but most phones use the 15 mtre range class 2

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

Bluetooth is an industry adopted standard. Some years ago in the early days of BT there were some reports of comptaibility issues but those days are long gone so if your phone supports BT and is relatively new 1-2 years old you should have no problem it connecting with the system to make and receive calls. As to whether the phonebook etc can be accessed via the system will be a different matter. This will be dependent on the handset.

I didn't check what system they're using before ordering our 2005 spec SE as I thought seeing as Nokia who sell around twice the handsets than anyone else it would make sense to at least be compatible with Nokia handsets. I'm guessing they're compatible with Symbian's OS S60 platform which mainly means Nokia smart phone handsets as they account for around 95% of all smart phones using S60. As I work for Nokia (sorry to sound arrogant) I thought I'd have no problem getting a phone which is fully compatible. :) But I think this is a very good question to which Lexus should be able to clarify easily.

br

D

Just ordered SE with navigation.Delivery January due to colour choice.

Out of curiosity what colour resulted in delay till January?

We ordered ours just a few weeks ago (SE Nav, Platinum Ice with Oakham) and were able to specify Dec 18th as delivery date, although could have had earlier if we wanted to. I got the impression that order would be sat on for a while so car wasn't delivered early and therefore increasing dealers stock holding (although I don't know how their invoicing is done from Lexus of course). Now I'm worried that our order may not be have been entered into Lexus' system early enough to ensure delivery for our requested date.

br

D

Very many thanks for your help.Most useful.I have ,in fact,spoken to customer services (incredibly helpful) and they have emailed compatibility list but being an old fart am a bit confused.It says "no voice dailling from the carkit/headset/phone"

Can I assume therefore that with listed nokia and sony phones I will get the best compatibility possible?

For the record I ordered Elveden Green (RX looks twice the vehicle in a dark colour) and the wait is likely to be 3 months.Frankly,I don't want it too early as I am stuck with company car until end of January.

H

I have ,in fact,spoken to customer services (incredibly helpful) and they have emailed compatibility list but being an old fart am a bit confused.It says "no voice dailling from the carkit/headset/phone"

This means you can't call out the name of the person you want to dial which you can do with dedicated carkits from the same manufacturer. However you can use the sat nav screen to select the person you want to call which is more reliable than voice dialing.

br

D

I had a parrot Bluetooth kit fitted in my SE-L just above driver side air vent...works perfectly and does voicedialing from the kit and automatic syncing with the phone so always has up to date phone book. £150 all-in fitted.

http://www.driveblue.com/(hp5pyr45mcfvztam...spx?root=ck3100

Jay

p.s. due to digital input on Mark Levinson, an extra speaker was hidden under dashboard on passenger side.

• 4 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of the 2005 model with Bluetooth and digital traffic info. I use a Nokia 6230 which is pretty much a Bluetooth standard and it has a real problem with the car. Apparently both Nokia and Motorola have softlock that only allows you to download your address book one name/number at a time through B/tooth and each time it then logs off the system and you have to start again.

Apparently, Samsung and Sony/Eric don't suffer this inconvenience, although I have tried both without success.

It really is a pain, especially as everything else works perfectly.

Would appreciate any info if somebody gets its working!