Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painting Brake Callipers

Corby

I read a thread on here some time ago about painting brake callipers, so Ive bought the lexus stickers and painted the callipers silver using Hammerite Smooth paint.

Following the instructions on the labels and the thread Ive applied the two rear stickers which look great. The problem's when Ive come to lacquer over the stickers. It seems to have made the paint run slightly - making it look a mess. Ive used Halfords Lacquer.

Ive managed to re-paint around the stickers, but in the middle looks a bit of a mess. Before I do the front ones, I'd like ot know what everyone else has used, or if anyone else has experienced this?!

Cheers

that should be plenty of time, altho it could be temperature related as the cold weather draws in?????

i never lacquered mine in the end, so id leave your front ones as they are mate!

that should be plenty of time, altho it could be temperature related as the cold weather draws in?????

i never lacquered mine in the end, so id leave your front ones as they are mate!

Snap, just done my last week and I won't be bothering lacquering them - seem OK.

nope, i dont see the need for lacquer to be honest, some members have done over 20k miles without lacquer on.

mine look as fresh as the day they went on.

• 3 weeks later...

I did mine using silver engine paint and they looked great until i laquered them and it ran all over the stickers.

however i simply applied the laquer to a cloth and rubbed it over the stickers which got rid of it all again ( PHEW )

i dont rate the laquer at all and i steer well clear of it.