Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Can An Is Engine Take?

marcus

Hi guys, i need some info, what PSI could an IS Engine take and what BHP could i get out of it before i would need to do work to the Engine,

I think i see some where on here the IS Engine can do 300bhp before haveing Engine worked on? is this right!!

But is what i would like to know is what PSI can a "std IS" take? with out haveing to do Engine work ;)

any help would be nice thanks

marcus

I think you know what im thinking about :winky:

Dave-prolex PM me mate :winky:

We have run them at 0.6 bar with water injection without any problems (so far) with the correct supporting components, but we do not have any data regarding the expected life span at this level.

For long term durability at this level and at high pressures you will need stonger pistons and rods.

as you know the work si skippy done to this car be fore i got it but mine sits at 0.6bar easily si last report was 280 bhp but i have got the pistons and rods which i will get done probably march then they reckon 1.2 bar but the turbo is realy nice at 0.6 the only thing that worries me is when it goes to 1.2 bar is the head gasket if it can take that sort of presure but at the moment its great

just 1 thing guys, would this also depend on your driving styles? like me i alway drive like a old lady, wouldnt that make a different to how long the engine will last? correct me if im wrong...hehe :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::offtopic:

We have run them at 0.6 bar with water injection without any problems (so far) with the correct supporting components, but we do not have any data regarding the expected life span at this level.

For long term durability at this level and at high pressures you will need stonger pistons and rods.

Mark how much are stonger pistons and rods then :whistling: you got me thinking now :winky:

and all so how much can you do FCON-S for :whistling:

what im geting could do 650bhp :sick::lol: but for now all want to do is hit the 300bhp :whistling: mark so PM me prices please

Mark how much are stonger pistons and rods then :whistling: you got me thinking now :winky:

what im geting could do 650bhp :sick::lol: but for now all want to do is hit the 300bhp :whistling: mark so PM me prices please

My rods & pistons cost £2500 :sick:

thats the specs i have with this motor mate and it is quick but with the turbo at 0.6 bar it is realy low psi :winky: need to get those internals done then we can play

Daza :offtopic: but i have some video clips of your IS when it was up at TDi's being tuned on the Dyno.. i'll stick em on disc for you and bring em to the pod..

Everything is under review at the moment Marcus, with some prices heading in a southerly direction. The best thing is to wait a month or two to see what transpires.

We designed Prolex Daves set as a one off which is expensive, so we are having batches made that will bring the price down as I suspect that next year the guys at stage 1 will be looking for more power and may want them ;)

thats the specs i have with this motor mate and it is quick but with the turbo at 0.6 bar it is realy low psi :winky: need to get those internals done then we can play

Your car has the potential for 400hp with the right bits ;)