Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

She's Back! One Year On.

aido

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Hadn't never been to this one and won't be going back, the corner is just way too tight!

It would have either been scraped alloys or a knacked front lip so the front lip got it :o

Will have a play in a bit see what I can do, if it's covered then it won't be that noticable hopefully...

did mine in the same place on the bumper mate, but i did mine outside my kids school, but Mcds is another place that it can happen round here, hope it looks ok but dont put the paint on wet bumper let it dry 1st or if you have garage do in there mate with heating on if poss. ;)

No garage mate but looking at the instructions says to do it in 15c weather so might have to wait for now!

Did you use the touch up stuff on yours then mate?

Impressed with this touch up stuff, just done the first coat (as well as a few chips I've been putting off for ages) and you can hardly tell it's there now.

The texture will be different - what's the best way to smooth it? That wet sanding paper stuff?

Gonna do the lacquer in a bit but it'll only really be me who'll know I've done it so sorted :)

i used a 2000 grit sanding pad thing that you soak in water overnight then when you use it keep it well lubricated with car shampoo or something. Seemed to work well on mine but I guess being white it doesnt show up scratches/swirl marks as much.

If you do get any scratch marks get the porter cable polisher out!

Where did you get that sanding pad from Col?

The patch I've done looks rough and needs a good sanding down to get it right, the lacquer is smoothing it out a bit but I'm not 100% happy with the appearance. Saying that someone's just had a look at the car when I told them what I'd done and they couldn't spot it!

Think I'm a perfectionist or something :whistling:

Did sort a scratch out last time I used the PC, a big one on the bonnet, don't know where it came from but it wasn't there when I was finished!

ok, never tried 1500 but 2000 was reccomended to me and the pads for the porter cable thing says it will remove up to 2000 grit scratches so be careful!

But, i'm no professional. Maybe someone with a better idea will have some input soon.

goodluck though!

Looks like I'm going to need a few different stages, seen a couple of things saying start of with 1500 and then move up to the 2000 to finish it off, then polish :)

Will give a bodyshop a call Monday to get something sorted :)