Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

X-mas Do, Based Anywhere

Wosket

i think its pretty poor that we could have had a great night out, all together and now it looks like its gonna be spread out with micro xmas meets.

would be much better if we all did it (and had a xmas party) in the same place at the same time as a CLUB!

as soon as the CLUB xmas party gets cancelled theres a flurry of activity. peeps made the effort for JAE so why not for xmas?

answers on a postcard

Not wishing to be cynical but....

This is the 2nd year that a 'formal' Club Christmas-do has had to be canned, I doubt we'll try another one for next year.

Hope to be proved wrong, but I suspect any meet around this time will be the usual stalwarts and no one else will show much interest.

i was just thinking MK actually. may be too far for the southerners though :tomato: its north of watford :P

3 Southerners and 1 from the Midlands turned up for the Jap show at Stoneleigh park last w/end.......where were you Northerners then.?

Its all about dates and if they fit in with peeps plans.

well i for one couldnt make it due to work and the missus' nan came up from norfolk to have a cancerous tumour removed from her eye in liverpool, but i do my best to get to meets.

where was everyone for motorshow northwest? a good event and only 4 of us turn up.

at least you were given a club banner, we werent even offered that!!!

and i was filmed for men and motors, what great publicity that would have been for the club if we'd had a banner!

where was everyone for motorshow northwest? a good event and only 4 of us turn up.

at least you were given a club banner, we werent even offered that!!!

As exhibitors at JAPS it was in the Ts & Cs about having a banner. Would have got it to you guys for the North West show but ran out of time.

The ideal would be to have one for each region and have members store it, but that costs money to get them printed up...

my company offers exhibition design and build services as well as graphic design, although my new site hasnt gone live yet and im not actively advertising it.

i can get my hands on a range of exhibition products from bespoke to modular and pop up including full colour graphics, banners, whatever ya want really.

dont wanna dwell on this but surely 3 weeks is enough time?

i can get things printed cheaply, like the club flyers etc.

Yes, if that's all you do - organise events. I also have a full time job and family commitments that include being a carer for my dad whilst he recuperates from 2 recent ops.

3 weeks would have been plenty of time granted, but this wasn't top of my priorities particularly as this was going to be a small meet as not many people seemed interested or able to attend.

claire,

i'm not having a personal dig at you in any way shape or form. i dont know how many club banners there are, who has them or what.

same number of members attended motorshow northwest as the japs show at stoneleigh.

i think banners should be made available for all organised events which the club attend regardless of how many members are attending. if i didnt have a load of club flyers then we would have had nothing at all to show we were a club and nothing to give to prospective members.

we all have other commitments and im very sorry to hear about your father and i wish him well on the road to recovery but if any assistance re: loc meets was needed all you had to do was ask or post. :)

John, could you get one made up then? I'll throw in a tenner mate, but I don't want a LOC banner, oh no, I want a big banner with Kat from Eastenders sister on, the one from Page 3 :)

Claire, hope your dad recuperates asap :)