Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Group Buy

Matthew_McNally

There was some recent interest in a group buy on PIAA Silicone Wipers.

I am in discussion with a possible supplier for these, and need firm numbers to finalise the price.

I had a set of these of my IS200, and was really impressed, and I want a set for the GS now - hence the group buy B)

Link to PIAA website for details on wipers

From PIAA website

Now, for the first time ever, PlAA offers a new clarity of vision - the Super Silicone Wiper Blade. From the initial design process to extensive laboratory testing under the harshest conditions, this blade outperforms every other blade currently on the market:

*The Super Silicone Wiper Blade secures a wider field of vision in inclement weather, ensuring greater visibility.

*The Super Silicone Wiper Blade offers better resistance to all climates - heat, ozone, ultra-violet, and wear - clearly outperforming the industry standard.

*Super Silicone coating elimates squeak and reduces drag, regardless of the shape of the windshield, providing greater comfort for both driver and passenger.

*The Super Silicone Wiper Blade maintains a sharp, clean edge, even after 230,000 operations.As you can see, PIAA has engineered unparalleled effectiveness and streamlined operation into every blade - qualities that ensure superior performance.

Sizes required are

IS200 (00-)1 x 18" & 1 x 20"

GS300 (93-97) 1 x 19" & 1 x 21"

GS300 (98-) 1 x 20" & 1 x 24"

The 19" and above wipers are available as both standard wipers, and "Super Sporza", which has a leightweight, U/V resistant spoiler. They are available in flat black or carbon look.

Super Sporza

wiper_sporza.jpg

The 18" wipers are only available without the spoiler, and can be flat black, carbon look or curved.

Prices are to be confirmed - this is why I need interest.

However, heres a rough indication.

Standard (per blade)

18" / 19" / 20" / 21" / 24" Black - £12.50

18" / 19" / 20" / 21" / 24" Carbon Look - £15

18" / 19" / 20" / 21" Curved - £14

NB - 24" are not available as curved

Super Sporza (per blade)

19" / 20" / 21" / 24" - Black £16.50

19" / 20" / 21" / 24" - Carbon Look £19

postage will need to be added to these costs.

Can I get some feedback as to who wants these?

Number of people, and who wants what would be great - I can go back to the supplier then and try and get the best deal ;)

I will be ending this Sunday, 17/10/2004.

Matt, I'm definitely interested mate, but the post says that the 19" are available as Super Sporza then says that 18" are listed in the prices as available in that finish - which is right mate?

But basically, I'm up for 2 pairs of carbon finish wipers, not sure whether Super Sporza or not - I want both the same you see please mate :)

Thanks

i can recommend these wipers, i got some last year and they do make a difference, especially with the little PIAA wipe you get to give your windscreen a coating. they werent very expensive either, not sure where i got them from now :unsure:

Matt, I'm definitely interested mate, but the post says that the 19" are available as Super Sporza then says that 18" are listed in the prices as available in that finish - which is right mate?

no it doesn't :unsure:

hehehe - darn copy and paste. :blush:

have corrected my post now mate - the Super Sporza are only available in 19" onwards

But basically, I'm up for 2 pairs of carbon finish wipers, not sure whether Super Sporza or not - I want both the same you see please mate :)

you want 2 pairs - 4 blades in all?

Thanks for clearing that up Matt!

So please can I have the following:

2 x Standard 18" Carbon Look @ £30

2 x Standard 20" Carbon Look @ £30

£60 total :)

Think that's better, or do you IS guys have one normal and one Sporza with the grille? I could do with the grille to be honest as my wipers flap about in the wind when I'm travelling faster than I should! Need new metal wiper arms as well as mine are rusty, thanks for reminding me Matt!

Yep, I'm gonna let my car get that dirty it needs four windscreen wipers :P

Hmmm, I'm tempted to get the ones with the spoiler after seeing what all you boys are doing!!!

Tell you what Matt, I'll change mine and take the two 20" ones with the spoiler please, so that'll be

2 x Standard 18" Carbon Look

2 x Super Sporza 20" Carbon Look

Thanks mate :)