Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camber All Sorted :)

aido

Following on from Pete's trip to Abbey last week I had my camber sorted out by a local company today who've done an excellent job for me.

I'd like to say a big thank-you to Tony from Wheels in Motion as Tony worked out some settings for me which the guys in Buxton tried on my car today - it is amazing how much better the car feels now, the coilovers made a big difference to my car but it's been unstable at high speed for a long time, since well before I got the coilovers fitted, but now she's running incredibly well!

Had new tyres fitted yesterday by a local company, and they told me they couldn't do the camber as they didn't have the machines any more (never used them enough to make them worthwhile) so sent me to their branch in Buxton, I've just got back (even saw Ifraz on the way back through Bakewell) and the trip was great, the car just loves corners now and I'd hit a ton without even realising I was above 60! Will have to take more notice now but the car handles so much better it's untrue! Think the average speed throughout all of the windy roads was at least 60-70, I couldn't believe how easy it was to chuck around, felt like I was doing 30 in a normal car!!!

So, any of you looking to get your camber sorted, the company is called Selecta Tyre in Buxton, and the same company in Ripley fitted my tyres, very happy indeed :) Great prices, and a superb service!

And for those of you that are modded, Tony at Wheels in Motion offers excellent advice on all things geometry related, and I think Pete's car and mine are testament to that :)

Thanks Tony :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and before I forget, getting the camber sorted has completely resolved my issue with the amount of space in the wheel arch, before today, you struggled to get a finger in between the top of the wheel and the arch, and if anyone was in the car it was literally touching, but now there is plenty of room and all the lean in the wheels (which was incredibly pronounced) is now gone :)

Don't need to roll my arches any more, and she looks like she wants to be lowered even more now - excellent :)

Not half mate, absolutely fantastic!

On the way home an Alfa saw me coming and booted it, got to a corner and he was trying to shake me, let's just say it didn't quite work out as he expected, he was nearly on two wheels at one point while the roll was pretty much non-existant in my car!

Definitely recommend it mate :)

Thanks for that Steve, looking pretty good at the minute :)

If I couldn't have found a place up here I was going to bring the car down to either where you had yours done or where Pete went last week, tbh I quite fancied a trip to Abbey to see the Skyline's, it's just that it was so far away!

We've got a nice place in the North now for the people up here to use if they get any problems.

It did make me laugh when they had to lift the car to get the alignment things on the wheels though - thought they were going to send me packing at first!

£61 Pete. Took between 90 minutes and 2 hours I think, but they were very thorough indeed.

I'd been charged 30 quid for the full alignment at the other branch yesterday and he said since they shouldn't have really done that (since the camber alignment fixed everything but knocked the alignment out massively) he discounted today's rate for me. Excellent stuff!

How much was yours mate if you don't mind me asking @ Abbey?

Pete, what are you camber settings as a matter of interest, the garage said they'd maxed out most of mine due to the vehicle height?

Mine are:

Rear Camber : 50'neg

ns and os rear 10' neg each

nsf camber 20' neg

osf 30' neg

partial toe nsf and osf  5' poss each

These are the figures Tony gave me taking in account my weight and types of driving I do, and it certainly works!!!

All i know is there is no more or hardly any adjustment left...and she handles a dream. :D

Good for you both? one or two things that i would like to now, on the geometry print out were there any readings for toe/ out on/ turns ?

And scorpion dont worry about the lack of camber adjustment, the ride height now is set very low? if the cam's are fully adjusted now then so what? you are not going any lower are you? OR are you??????

Tony, I asked for a print out but he said basically all the settings were at what you'd given me, he said it was difficult to get there but that is pretty much exactly what my car is reading now :)

I hven't got those other settings though I'm afraid. He did say when he started doing the fronts to the right toe settings the wheels looked like this: / \ - he said I wouldn't have been able to drive off as the alignment was so far out - now both are sorted it looks much better :lol:

He also advised I keep the piece of paper I wrote everything down on as he said it was excellent, and then it's in the glove box for next time I need it!

Tony, I asked for a print out but he said basically all the settings were at what you'd given me, he said it was difficult to get there but that is pretty much exactly what my car is reading now :)

I hven't got those other settings though I'm afraid. He did say when he started doing the fronts to the right toe settings the wheels looked like this: / \ - he said I wouldn't have been able to drive off as the alignment was so far out - now both are sorted it looks much better :lol:

He also advised I keep the piece of paper I wrote everything down on as he said it was excellent, and then it's in the glove box for next time I need it!

i'm really concerned, I work on a £13000 machine, the printout is proof that all is well, where is your cars fingerprint? all future adjustments will follow from this?

in addition when a car is lowerd the toe will go \ / not / \ just by the points of application alone.... Where are you? let me set up the geometry, for free..

I work in Watford herts

I think that might be what he meant actually Tony, to be honest I think I misunderstood what he was saying as it's running great! Wish I could have gotten a print out though, was that happy I just jumped in the car and drove off!!

I'll definitely come and see you one day though mate, and let you have a play with the config etc, but not for free ok, we've all got to make a living :)

Will test this config out for a few weeks mate then give you a buzz!

Thanks you very much for the offer though mate :)

I hven't got those other settings though I'm afraid. He did say when he started doing the fronts to the right toe settings the wheels looked like this:  /  \  - he said I wouldn't have been able to drive off as the alignment was so far out - now both are sorted it looks much better :lol:

i'm really concerned, I work on a £13000 machine, the printout is proof that all is well, where is your cars fingerprint? all future adjustments will follow from this?

in addition when a car is lowerd the toe will go \ / not / \ just by the points of application alone.... Where are you? let me set up the geometry, for free..

I work in Watford herts

Tony i thought you only gave advise through your web-site i didn't know you could of actually done the settings..i would of come to you in the first place had i known,not that Abbey dont know what they're doing..far from it as they set up road/race cars all the time,and Watfords not that far away from me either and your advise has been spot on plus the fact you know the inhierant problems associated with the IS and you could of made yourself a few quid in the process.

:) :)

I took the following settings for the garage for reference purposes:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...dex_v2&id=1&c=5

And then I took the settings I put earlier on in the thread, and these are what the garage used:

Rear Camber : 50'neg

ns and os rear 10' neg each

nsf camber 20' neg

osf 30' neg

partial toe nsf and osf  5' poss each

Tony gave me these settings custom tuned for car load, type of driving and the drop (between 45 - 50mm).

I wasn't going to drop quite that much.. this is just an idea, but is there any chance of Tony creating a table? Obviously not all variations could be listed.. but a basic guide table? That way it could be added to the knowledgebase. Pick say normal load, half load & fully loaded... 20mm drop, 30mm drop, 40mm drop.. like I said, just an idea, but would save on it being repeated. Perhaps type of driving could be another variable?

I was thinking of 35mm drop for myself .. not too low ;)