Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid (xenon Kit) For Is200 Se

cdave

Hi All

Please be gentle as this is my first post.

I have an IS200 SE and I want to upgrade the headlights to Xenon. I need to buy the kit AND have someone fit it for me (I am hopeless at DIY, so no suggestions to fit it myself).

Can anyone give me suggestions for fitters (North West London). I would like some recommendations of garages that you have used or heard are reputable.

Where is the best place to buy the kit and again any recommendations? I want the full kit including ballast. I want a road legal kit.

(I have done a search but nobody has recommended any fitters).

Please Help

Thanks

Because you found a local friendly garage Pete :P

Rob's right, at one point I was going to import the whole IS300 kit with self levelling computers and everything.

As long as your lights aren't too bright to oncoming cars don't worry, otherwise the police might pull you over if they're having a slow day :whistling:

BTW, OT but what did you do about the harness in the end Pete?

Because you found a local friendly garage Pete :P

Rob's right, at one point I was going to import the whole IS300 kit with self levelling computers and everything.

BTW, OT but what did you do about the harness in the end Pete?

Garage was a Lexus one m8. :)

Harness was thrown away in the end.I was worried about it as i dont know the amount of power the ballast kicks out but i went to the show last week and had them on continuously for about 6 hours. :D

I'd take some pics to show how blue they are but i haven't got a camera at the mo ;)

Nice, will make the install time much quicker for me then!

Pete, have you got the 4300k bulbs in then like I got with my kit or did you get some higher rated lumens ones? Mine were just extremely white and I do remember your's being quite blue?! Saying that I never tried them at night though so probably the same!!!

@ CDave, the installation is extremely easy, what I just mentioned to Pete means that you can run the kit without the wiring harness which makes installation even easier as you don't need to run wires across the back of the engine bay to the Battery.

Didn't realise that Pete - did you buy the full JDM unit or are these the one's you painted?

But if they are a JDM unit then does that mean you don't have the headlight level adjustment in them or did you transplant the unit from your old unit?

Didn't realise that Pete - did you buy the full JDM unit or are these the one's you painted?

But if they are a JDM unit then does that mean you don't have the headlight level adjustment in them or did you transplant the unit from your old unit?

I bought them off of Zee last year and i adapted them to take the manual adjustment....clever or what :D :D

SteveAudioX

I am in Harrow, NW London. I am willing to travel to surrounding area to have the kit fitted.

Thanks for the encouraging to fit it myself, but I really don't want to touch anything under the bonnet!

What I am after is a kit as if I am driving a factory fitted option. I was under the impression that you must have self levelling to make it road legal. Are there any kits which include a self leveling mechanism?

Thanks

You could always look into buying all the parts that make up the Lexus OEM system as seen on the IS200 LE etc but it would cost a lot of money, thibk you're talking nearly a grand!

Plus I'm not sure whether it's a direct fit or whether modifications to the wings are required - Zee put the HID's into his car and needed to get the wings modified to make everything fit correctly!!!

dunno what the official regulations in the UK are, but on the mainland, self levelling and washers are only required for factory installed HID kits.

Aftermarket kits are only only tested on the light output and direction, and the color of the light.

Thats right ...

FACTORY installed kits ...

SteveAudioX

I am in Harrow, NW London. I am willing to travel to surrounding area to have the kit fitted.

Thanks for the encouraging to fit it myself, but I really don't want to touch anything under the bonnet!

What I am after is a kit as if I am driving a factory fitted option. I was under the impression that you must have self levelling to make it road legal. Are there any kits which include a self leveling mechanism?

Thanks

Harrow ...

I am about 5 minutes from there ....

be aware no after market kits are legal on the road as they do not have self leveling

I have the prolex kit and was fitted at JAE this year and it went through the M.O.T no problem. :)

clearly a tester who does not know his stuff then. it's illegal to sell the conversion kits in the us for road use, i don't know about the uk