Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo-kit For Is200

B_I_T_O

Hello!

I'm from Portugal, my name is Fábio, and I'll soon buy a Lexus IS200 Sport of 1998/99 used! More month, less month, I'm thinking getting one. My current car is a Seat Ibiza 6L TDI 130hp, wich will in this week be with 190hp in MAHA rolls. So, I'm used to have a good torque, and when I'll buy the Lexus, I won't have it with the car stock.

So, I'm asking guys an opinion about this turbo-kit that I spotted in the web, a TSI Turbo-Kit.

Here's the link: http://www.turbo-kits.com/IS200_turbo_kits.html

It says an increase of 56% safely in stock engine, and it's the most cheap that I've found among turbo-kits and S/C kits, but I want guys to make me believe that this kit or any other turbo-kit in market for this car will not damage a used engine like I want to buy, wich will have 100.000kms (60.000 miles), or even any other S/C kit available. As about TTE S/C, I'm shore that it's a good option, but it's too expensive for me, so I'm asking you guys help to take the best option!

Of course first I must buy the car, but I want to know what money I'll spent to make the mods that I want!

Thanks guys for the time! :)

Hi, welcome to LOC :)

I don't know if anyone here has one of these kits, they do sound nice looking at the specs but they only ones I know of are Daza_W's car which was a custom turbo design, and I believe someone else on here is looking into a turbo, which in kit form if it is all alright will be a few months off.

You can see some of the old threads here:

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&....uk&btnG=Search

Hope there is some good info for you.

I had the supercharger installed when I hit 60,000 miles and it has been okay so far :)

Thanks Aido! ;)

I've readed some opinions about this kit in the links you've showed, and it seems to be a good option! And as I'm in Portugal, the car is LHD, so it will fit nicely!

I didn't saw any opinion about the turbo upgrade that's available:

- Ball Bearing Upgrade: $100.00 - T28 Dual BB

It has also this, that I don't understand:

Fuel System Option 1:

- 2 Injectors & Interface Block

- TSI Injection Control Unit w/ Turbo Timer

Fuel System Option 2:

- APEXi S-AFC II

- APEXi Turbo Timer

- Boost Gauge

It can only be choosed onde of this options, right? My doubt is that there are no prices of this options, so I think that chossing the Option 1 or the Option 2 is the same final price, right?

Thanks for the help! :D

To be honest I don't know about the final price, might be worth dropping them an email to confirm?

One thing I did pick up on was that in some of those old threads someone commented that you couldn't upgrade to the T28 so it sounds like they've addressed that now, but I don't know of anyone who's ever had this fitted?

Might be worth asking them if they've ever sold any and have any demo cars out there that you could have a look at?

Does sound like excellent value for money, let us know how you get on if you do decide to buy one :)

my car has a turbo fitted worth while but i think can get a bit expensive check out my garage and here is a link were si had my work done

http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.html

goto japanese cars and lexus is 200 top quality conversion and a lot of power

Thanks for your opinion!

I've saw all the page of the TDI for Lexus IS200, but I found the prices a little high for me... But I'm reading your opinions, and I want to know the best option!

Thanks Aido! I'll send them an email, and ask for one Lexus IS200 with this kit, but if there's 3 pics of one in the page, so they have installed one! :)

I must calculate also the value of the product passing in the boarder of Portugal (it won't be cheap :crybaby: ).

But more opinions would be welcome! :lol:

I can get a plug and play Turbo kit for the IS200  :whistling:

About £4k  :whistling:  :whistling:

Too expensive... I'm have time to decide, I'm thinking even in making my own kit turbo for the IS200, by making tubes myself, buying a bigger turbo then a T25BB, making a costum FMIC, then I'll would have to buy the injection upgrade, the Fuel/Boost Management (Apexi) and the rest, and perhaps it will become even more cheaper... All I have to do is analise with care the situation! What do you think guys? I'm just suposing... :blush:

One more question: will the stock clutch andle a kit-turbo like the one that's in discussion? Will I need a bigger/stronger one?

Thanks! :)

Think I once read the gearbox was good for up to 250bhp - Mat Clawley would have this info (supracharged-is340) - not sure about the clutch but ProLex & TDI do aftermarket clutches etc.

also i think you have to do some work one the top 1/2 of your engine, the valves need to be changed as thay will burn out in time (factory turbo cars have diff valves in the engine than none turbo cars). ;)

I ask then DAZA_W if he needed to make this kind of job.

the valves and gearbox are stantard is200 no internals have been done up to this stage.

i have owned the car 2 weeks all the work was done by tdi when simon owned the car sorry i cant help much but the car runs and drives superb and the last dyno was 280 bhp but he has done alot of work to get the car there

as for gearbox,valves etc only time will tell i am hoping to push it past 300bhp mark next year (but the internals, injecters etc will be uprated then)

I can get a plug and play Turbo kit for the IS200  :whistling:

About £4k  :whistling:  :whistling:

Too expensive... I'm have time to decide, I'm thinking even in making my own kit turbo for the IS200, by making tubes myself, buying a bigger turbo then a T25BB, making a costum FMIC, then I'll would have to buy the injection upgrade, the Fuel/Boost Management (Apexi) and the rest, and perhaps it will become even more cheaper... All I have to do is analise with care the situation! What do you think guys? I'm just suposing... :blush:

One more question: will the stock clutch andle a kit-turbo like the one that's in discussion? Will I need a bigger/stronger one?

Thanks! :)

I'd like to see you do it for cheaper !

the kit I've found has everything....manifold uprated fuel pump ecu intercooler and works...............

good luck anyway

I think you could say a lot more than 6k for the Supra TT conversion, maybe times that by five if you really go to town?!

Depends how cheap you can get hold of an engine and gearbox. Import one from Japan and I think you could do it for £6k if you are not uprating the engine.

I think you could say a lot more than 6k for the Supra TT conversion, maybe times that by five if you really go to town?!

Depends how cheap you can get hold of an engine and gearbox. Import one from Japan and I think you could do it for £6k if you are not uprating the engine.

Theres the diff as well...............driveshafts as well............

until you change the gearing/or up the rev limit whatever you do will max out at the same speed as the standard car..........may get there quicker but thats it........

maybe why my alter ego is going for the fcon-pro whuch will enable the rev limit to be raised as required :whistling:

how much extra will the engine take with the rev range upped will it take (500-1000)

greetings daza........

I'd leave as is until you get the uprated internals done...........may need one of my low mileage used engines I've got tucked away....

Then you ned to change your HKS ecu....you've got the HKS F-Con S which (i'm told) does a lot of good things but can't increase the rev limit,,,,,,,,the Pro which I'm getting costs about £1k :sick: but allows the increase..........

There is a theory BTW that you can amend the std ECU to do this but I've no idea who knows it or how to do it (no male cow pooh)

Any idea when you are getting your internals done ?

Hoping to open my Prolex-UK fitting centre in Milton Keynes soon.....could do you a deal :winky:

I'll let you know what mine is raised to when its done BTW ...........question of when the power curve starts to drop me thinx