Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200se - 2 Questions!

Hi all!

I've just gotten myself a second hand Lexus IS200SE w/Sat Nav (from a Lexus dealership), and have two questions which I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) As the car's a 2001 model, I'm presuming the DVD included will be the 2001 version. Can anyone tell me what the latest version is, and where I can get it from?

2) I have a Nokia phone with Bluetooth - what's the best way for me to get this wired into the car? I'd prefer to not have a cradle if possible, although I'm not too bothered either way :P

Thanks!!!

Hi Jaffa!

Hope you like the new car! I pick up mine on thursday! :-)

Anyway, question one. The newest disc should be 2004/5. They occasionally appear on eBay, although I'm sure they are copied. retail price from a lexus dealer is normally near to £400, although with a bit of gold discount you should be able to reduce this

Secondly... A decent car audio should be able to fit a Bluetooth car kit, thus avoiding any need for a phone holder, etc. Having had one, I think they are the bee's knees. Others might disagree.... My sony ericsson BT kit took two hours to fit although I reckon it shouldn't take more than an hour.

If you want the radio to mute and / or have it piped into the drivers door speaker, you'll be looking at a fair bit more!

Hope this helps,

Paul

Hi Jaffa!

Hope you like the new car! I pick up mine on thursday! :-)

Anyway, question one. The newest disc should be 2004/5. They occasionally appear on ebay, although I'm sure they are copied. retail price from a lexus dealer is normally near to £400, although with a bit of gold discount you should be able to reduce this

Secondly... A decent car audio should be able to fit a bluetooth car kit, thus avoiding any need for a phone holder, etc. Having had one, I think they are the bee's knees. Others might disagree.... My sony ericsson BT kit took two hours to fit although I reckon it shouldn't take more than an hour.

If you want the radio to mute and / or have it piped into the drivers door speaker, you'll be looking at a fair bit more!

Hope this helps,

Paul

Mine should be ready for pickup by the weekend! :D

So, 2004/05 - I'm presuming this won't be upgraded during Toyota's service of the car?

I'm not really bothered about the radio muting automatically - I'll just switch it off :P. What's the best one in your opinion (for a Nokia phone)?

No the nav won't be upgraded during a service. The eBay ones appear to be original however you need to made sure disc is correct for your nav unit - there are two types. Your dealer should be able to tell you the correct disc part number based on your chassis number.

No the nav won't be upgraded during a service. The ebay ones appear to be original however you need to made sure disc is correct for your nav unit - there are two types. Your dealer should be able to tell you the correct disc part number based on your chassis number.

Ah, I see. Thanks :)

One last question (promise!) - does the IS200 SE have DVD or CD sat nav? I can't tell for sure, as I haven't got it in my hands yet - Lexus will have it by the end of the week. It's a July 2001 model...

If it's CD based then the controller will be a removable silver one, DVD based is a built-in larger black unit. The CD based system used a 4:3 LCD screen and the DVD screen is 16:9 widescreen.

A car with DVD nav will also have all the other face-lift extras fitted:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/news.php?page=archi...2001&id=pricing

If it's CD based then the controller will be a removable silver one, DVD based is a built-in larger black unit. The CD based system used a 4:3 LCD screen and the DVD screen is 16:9 widescreen.

A car with DVD nav will also have all the other face-lift extras fitted:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/news.php?page=archi...2001&id=pricing

Aha!

The only thing is, I can't quite remember if the screen was square or rectangular (widescreen)!!!

Anyhow, thankyou very much for all the pointers - the dealer will call back tomorrow and let me know what system is installed... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links