Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Somebody Hit My Bumper

Hi guys, few days ago some blind driver hit my right corner of bumper in a car park and ran away. Damage isn't big, buf pain is scratched and lacquer is splited in a circle where he hitted. So i called insurance company, they will pay for the repair job. they gave me the list of car service companys they work with. Should i go to their unknown partners or to local dealer? the price for fixing is almost the same, but how about the quality? How do You think, should i go for local "Lexus" dealer painting?

Cheers

Not sure how it works over there but the Lexus dealer here did some paint work for me and it is guaranteed for 3 years - might be worth checking out what the independant garages offer (if anything) - and see what the Lexus dealer over there says?

Got mine done at a back street place and it cost me 1/7th the price, but they oversprayed and had to polish that off though think they missed some bits, think they took my car for a drive and hit a kerb damaging the suspension, cost £1000 to fix, and now the stone chips are rusting again from underneath. I'd go with Lexus in future.... :crying:

How much is your excess? Someone went to a local lexus for body works and I saw the car in a local garage approved by Lexus. I would conatct a local body shop.

this happened to me last week at glasgow airport when droppin the in-laws off

a taxi driver reversed into corner of my bumper scratching it badly then looked at me n drove off !!!

How angry was i !!!!! got his reg number and taxi plate number and reported him , his fellow taxi driver wouldnt give me his name and said aye well mate tough **** innit these things happen , i replied no they dont just happen you wont find out his name , i then happened to "flash" my warrant card at him and said u wanna bet on that , he never said much apart from the answer to what i asked in the fiirst place !!

Im still gonna be out of pocket though

Sorry to hear that my local deale lexy200, i know how you were feeling.

My local lexus dealer has body shop, and quite good. Besides, the head of lexus dealer said he will look for painter's job. Tomorrow i will take my car back, will inform about quality of repair!

Besides, i don't wanna go to any other local body shop, because they are too curious about that car, and will put they dirty butt on my clena seats :angry: Also i took everything out my glove box, cup holder box etc. because people mentioned that discs and other stuff is missing after long time repairs :blink: