Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Lock (doors)

Scorpion: Was this a recent decision? I only PM'd again the other day to remind you I wanted it doing :(

Are you prepared to make the info available to allow forum members to do it themselves?

People dont like seeing their car stripped out,its quite complex for the average guy to do even if you know about these things...i'll see what i can do. :)

Well, I have to say my experience of Clifford was not a terribly impressive one. It may look good on paper... the one they fitted to the scoob after it got car jacked (yes, they stripped out the CAT1 alarm and replaced it cause a keyfob was missing) they fitted a Clifford 500. It was nothing but a pain in the *****. The external proximity sensor didn't work because of my window tints. The interior proximity sensor was constantly triggering the alarm. The sensitivity was tweaked down so much it was not worth having. I concluded that the reason it was triggering (as they could not figure it) was because I have a Disklok. If I locked the car with the Disklok on, the alarm would randomly trigger, then continue to do so unless you disarmed the interior sensor!

I personally feel they are over priced and over rated!

Hmmmm! :unsure:

This in theory shouldn't be too hard to do.

The IS already has a speed sensor that's connected to the sat nav ( to stop you inputing addresses when moving) It should be possible to take a feed from that and use it to lock the doors.

Time to get playing me thinks! :winky: :whistling::shifty:

The IS already has a speed sensor that's connected to the sat nav ( to stop you inputing addresses when moving) It should be possible to take a feed from that and use it to lock the doors.

Hmmm, thats an interesting thought. The only thing is that that might be part of the GPS system that knows when the car's moving, rather than a physical speed sensor ;)

wouldn't it be easier to lock the doors as engines starts? just pick up some feed from there and put a relay and get doors locked. and then u can unlock'em as u turn the engine off. The problem i think with the speed sensor would b: how it would unlock the doors? And even if you would get it sorted than it would unlock the doors after u stoped at the lights and locked it again when u start moving again. it would certainly **** me off. I had it done via alarm and it just locked after u turned the key into ON position. and I would do it that way - just pick up a feed from a fuse box (that has 12v only at the ON position), put a relay and it would sort it out. there could be another problem then - if you would be able to unlcok the doors with the central lock switch during the ride? But I recon you would, I will have to take it out to see if there are 3 wires there or just 2 (not counting switch ilumination.)