Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Lock (doors)

Standard alarm, basically it's the full closure system you see some of the lads have fitted, I think it's actually Scorpion's mate who does these and they work nicely, saw it in action at Gaydon and it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Some of the lads have the Clifford aftermarket alarm as well which also provides this functionality.

Don't think it was expensive either?

Like Col says don't think it does the doors, only the alarms do that.

This is something my Renault used to have, but I feel a little vunerable whislt slowly moving in London without it. I guess you could take the speed signal to trigger a circuit to provide a closed contact onto the door lock button on the drivers door (or the wire relating to it in the wiring loom).

Without knowing the actual signal on the wire it is not easy to make any further suggestionsin terms of circuitry, but I wouldnt think it too hard to buffer what ever signal is on there and then trigger the lock at a certain level....

This is a silly question but if you feel vulnerable why not lock the doors manually?

;) just what i was thinking i all ways do this when the kids are in the car :yawn:

i do, better to be safe than sorry in manchester!

This is a silly question but if you feel vulnerable why not lock the doors manually?

It's prolly what I am going to have to do, but it was better when it was done automatically once you got over about 5mph, it's one less thing to have to remember :)

@ DLayen, the doors will have locked when you set off so will be locked already when you reach traffic lights etc, if they're coming to get you when you're sat in your drive then I'd say you're pretty much ****** as they know where you live and they'll be back even if you lock the doors.

**** world we live in nowadays when you have to worry about that sort of thing, we're pretty lucky out in the green belt!