Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Busted

d3fy

erm, even if you've got a laser detector, i thought by the time you get your warning - you've already been zapped...?!?! :duh:

If you detect the laser as it locks on you all you have to do is take your foot off the accelerator and make sure you keep touching the brake. Lasers dont like changing speeds and the lock needs to be on your car for about quarter mile.

(got away with it twice now because i went to court)

I was charged for doing 108mph on M5 in GS300 Mk1 and I denied doing that speed. I didnt deny doing over 70 but claimed they are spcifically charging me for doing 108 which was incorrect. I knew I was doing more than 110 as well. Being ex military i knew how their laser worked so i challenged the amount of time they locked on to me because they were being sneaking and try to catch you coming round a bend. From the bend to the bridge was about 200 meters which they couldnt deny. magistrates threw the case out

Because Matthew if I can get away with it I will try, perhaps you need to polish your Halo?

I'm no saint - never claimed to be.

Same as most drivers, I do not always stay exactly on the legal limit :blush:

However, I am fully aware of the risks I run, and I am prepared to take my punishment like a man should I be caught :)

If the truth be known though Matt not all speeds quoted on the impending prosecution ticket is correct. The police force will always hope you will just pay up. My 2 offences could have got me banned so I had to fight. I would have gladly taken points and a fine in my case but when the term "could face automatic ban" crops up I check every detail on that charge and if any thing is incorrect, no matter how minor it is I will fight it

And if it does get to court, use any work related reasons for your car especially if you do any out of normal hours work where public transport is difficult to get. I was in court a few years back doing 60 in a 30 and was already on 6 points. Informed the court that I was in IT and did out of hours callout (along with going over the top with apologies). They gave me 5 points in the end to put me upto 11 and said if I fart at the wrong junction again, I'll lose my licence. Unless you know you have a sound case against it, plead guilty as if you plead not guilty and it doesn't work for you, they will throw the book at you. They are more kind to those who own up!! Having said that, every case is different and if you think you will get an automatic ban, then fight it with anything you've got.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links