Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Busted

d3fy

I noticed the blue box at the side of the road, I then looked 200 yards down the road and saw the little white van, I applied the break and then saw the flash :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Main dual carrige way that go's into Sheffield City center they probably got me at about 65 in a 50.

Not a happy bunny at all :sad:

I thought I got done on the dual carriage way from the Chesterfield end where the Moat House was a few weeks ago, I was doing about 70 when I saw the can and slammed the anchors on - never got anything in the post which was weird? Only good thing was that there was a lorry on my left which I was passing as I saw the van - maybe that blocked the view?

Is that the same place or are you on about the road from the M1 to Sheffield, or the one that comes off the ring road? There's that many round there but a very dodgy place to drive indeed!

Hope it's not too serious anyway, if the speedo showed 65 you were only doing 60 / 61 anyway mate, so you would have been probably 4 miles over the trigger (57), hopefully shouldn't be too serious?

I noticed the blue box at the side of the road, I then looked 200 yards down the road and saw the little white van, I applied the break and then saw the flash :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Main dual carrige way that go's into Sheffield City center they probably got me at about 65 in a 50.

Not a happy bunny at all :sad:

I don,t think the vans have a camera that flashes :duh: so you should be ok

The road that goes from the M1 to the City, and the device was a rear flashing camera, so it tracks you on the way upto it and then flashs after you pass it, the two lard **** coppers sat in the van where just playing cards I think.

There was a Van on my inside so fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath. :angry:

My mate likes Kingdom for some reason so we'll all probably end up in there or if it goes anything like last time I'll be ****** up in a curry house somewhere....

Might have to try another chicken pall :o

Yes it was Steve and Dave if they was not £300 quid I would have one too, does anyone make a Sat Nav and speed detector all in one? I know you can add Points of intrest but I only every have got caught by mobile sites.

Tom Tom 3 does pick up the gatsos and is very accurate. I am testing one at the moment and it picks up some gatsos in Vans. I noticed it goes crazy when I drive into a police HQ with all the patrol cars around. But i dare not ask the police to swich their gear on so that I can see if I pick it up (the thought has crossed my mind though and I'm sure I will find a friendly officer to test the theory :lol:

A question regarding the vans parked on the side of the road as I have lots of them round my way as well.....Question is.....one of them sits on the A40 under the target roundabout (for those who know where that is). They have the camera and also a seperate light unit for a flash (although I've never seen it go off). But as they are occupying the hard shoulder, is this not an offence in itself to be using the sliproad when not an emergency? I'm sure if I parked up on it in front of the van, I'd be moved along!! Have been tempted to pull over and ask the question but just can't be bothered with the hassle I'd get afterwards...

So the Tom Tom is a Sat Nav kit but will it do lasers etc like road angel?

I thought Tom Tom only alerted you when it comes across a camera it knows about already ie. is held in a database as opposed to actually looking/sensing them as you drive along the road!!

The apps works off a database, this is updated often and you D/L the updates, but there is no app to make the unit act like the R/Angel, this would require a specific laser radar rather than Sat Nav, but if you have the R/Angel linked into the Sat Nav, Tom Tom can learn and keep you informed when you're next near the same area.

the tom tom 3 depends on the gatsos to be registered in a database as a point of interest.

So it doesnt operate like snooper or road angel and it would be great to get a sat nav with snoopers/road angel abilities. But if any one knows any software combination that can spot laser actively let us know

So it doesnt operate like snooper or road angel and it would be great to get a sat nav with snoopers/road angel abilities. But if any one knows any software combination that can spot laser actively let us know

Unforntatley it's the hardware that sees the laser, it's the software that tells the hardware what to do when it encounters the laser/freq waves.

Unforntatley it's the hardware that sees the laser, it's the software that tells the hardware what to do when it encounters the laser/freq waves.

very true.. thats why I stated software combination