Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Lights

billy boy

Pulled over this morning by Billy Law in the Volvo because I had too many rear lights on Can any one tell me what of my rear lights should be on in normal conditions my fog light is in the bumper of my Aristo Vertex V300 Jap import 2001 model :unsure:

Pulled over this morning by Billy Law in the Volvo because I had too many rear lights on Can any one tell me what of my rear lights should be on in normal conditions my fog light is in the bumper of my Aristo Vertex V300 Jap import 2001 model :unsure:

when u say 'billy law' i take it thats the police??

if so then they shouldnt pull u over unless some of the lights not working or is missing some lights.

as for what setup of the rear lights should be. only difference on aristo is the inner 2 red lights on the bootlid that is side/brake lights whereas on GS300 they are fog lights only.

I've just had mine MOT'd, there is a limit on the amount of lights you can have on the rear, but this will only affect if you have more than 2 of these lights as Fog Lights and are switched. I don't even have a fog on mine, but I do have 5 Brake Lights and 5 Side Lights, all these passed the MOT without any problems.

I've just had mine MOT'd, there is a limit on the amount of lights you can have on the rear,

is there??!!

i saw the other day a jdm toyota lite ace mpv on the motorway with 6 side/brake lights(or shall i say 7 including the centrally mounted brake light), 3 on each side. looks good at night tho.

Yep, as above though, the limit is only for the fog's, not the Brake/Side Lights. I'd been advised that the limit for fog's is 2 so as to not distract the other drivers in the fog.