Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharging Your Is

alteza222

1G-FE was the same engine as the Toyota Crown in japan except that they have a supercharger on it. Would it be possible if a used engine of the old Crown's supercharger can put it in my IS200? Because its much much cheaper to buy a used engine in japan, besides the supercharger is Toyota so I guess it wont hurt my engine? :geek:

This is not really true. A 1G-FE is not a supercharged engine.

The 1G-GZE is a supercharged version of the 1G engine range. Both engines have been used in the Crown.

They don't just slap on a supercharger they also make modifications to the internals of the engine.

Buying a 1G-GZE and using in it an IS200 would be more complicated than you think. You would need to keep the existing ECU as well as a new one.

It was also never that good an engine. Didn't have an intercooler and hasn't been updated for a while so it only ever produced 170bhp although torque isn't too bad.

There is also the twin turbo version of the 1G series, the 1G-GTE. If you are going to swap your engine for another 1G series then this would be the one to go for. In it's latest revision it produces 210bhp and I guess would be quite easy to get some more out of it.

Having said all this the 1G series is old design and you would be better off using another series all together.

Late 1980s JDM Supra also Soarer GT-TT and Cressida

The original Supra ??

No not a MKI Celica Supra. No a MKIII (1986-1992), in this country they were 3.0 NA and turbo but in Japan they had a few different engines including the 2.0 1G-GTE.

One here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/news/publi...rticle_42.shtml

pencil style con rods then ?

As the engine produces 75bhp more than the 1G-FE at that age I would imagine there are quite a few upgrades within the engine. This is normally the case for other Toyota engines that are turbo charged so this shouldn't be any different.

Certainly the head very different as it is a true twin cam design based on the 1G-GE engine.

pencil style con rods then ?

As the engine produces 75bhp more than the 1G-FE at that age I would imagine there are quite a few upgrades within the engine. This is normally the case for other Toyota engines that are turbo charged so this shouldn't be any different.

Certainly the head very different as it is a true twin cam design based on the 1G-GE engine.

Colin,

Your task,should you choose to accept it, is to locate 5 of these engines complete with all ancilleries and with no more than 30000 miles on them (documented) :winky:

If you succeed I've some really good wind deflectors in my shed you can have for free !! :crybaby: