Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Takers For New Is Diesel?

the new IS diesel will be a 2.2 with 180bhp and 400Nm of torque... (as stated by the man in the know ;) )

And i certainly will be first in line for one - it'll be faster than the current IS200, and with that torque - itll give the IS300 a run for its money at 40-100 sprints! oh, and lets not forget the 40mpg!

would have to see exactly how it sounded first i think.

I agree that would be deciding factor. It doesn't matter how good the diesel is, cos who wants a lexus that sounds like a delivery van :blink:

Based on my wifes 04 Rav diesel I would be more than happy to convert to an IS diesel- we swap our cars about quite often, and I'm always surprised how nippy the Rav is compared to my IS. The low down grunt on it is great and I do enjoy racing off at the lights in it!

I would certainly have the Diesel option even if it was an 1.8 oil burner it would still be quicker than the standard IS slug and give decent fuel economy.

I am really disappointed with my IS it drinks juice like there’s a hole in the tank but isn’t quick enough to overtake the local kid delivering pizza’s

I have been using a diesel passat for work for the last three weeks it’s about the same size and weight as the IS it’s quicker, quieter (with the windows shut) and gives about 42 mph

so long as the shape doesn’t change to much then stick me down for a Diesel :blink: