Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bodyshop Price Shock!

Anees

Hi Guys.

I have been to PaneCare (www.panelcare.co.uk) in Rochdale and they are really nice friendly people and know what they are talking about, but the guy quotated by £1335 + Vat to have my bodykit (grill, skirts, lips, spoiler) painted and fitted!! This includes removing a smaill dent, two scratches and spraying the front/rear bumpers; blending and all the other stuff need to properly match the colour etc.

I almost fainted when I heard the price! :blush: That price cannot be right!

Can anyone recomened a good bodyshop near Rochdale/Mancheser/Oldham/Bury etc areas that is cheaper?

I have had a look in the yellow pagaes, but I do not really know if the place is anygood or not. Anyone have any personaly experience?

Its the school holidays next week, so I would like the work done during that week becuase I will be able to boroow my sisters car while the work is done.

Thanks,

Anees

hi mate ive just had some work done side skirts roof spoiler, by a mate of mine (thats what he dose for a living) if you want to have a look at the paint job drop me a pm as i live in manchester. if you like i can put you in contact with him, his prices are not as high as them. cheers gordon

That price does seem a bit high. Just to give you some idea mate i was shopping around to have my bonnet taken back to metal and resprayed, my wings resprayed, my wing mirrors repaired and resprayed and a full Lexus styling kit including front bumper, side skirts, rear valance and roof spoiler to be sprayed and fitted. This seems like a lot more work than what you want done. My very highest price was £1200 which was from a very classy and proffesionaly set up bodyshop just next to Lexus Cardiff who actually do work for Lexus including fitting bodykits. The one i chose was £700 again in a well secured compound with CCTV and 3 ovens. I chose this one, not because they were one of the cheapest even though this helped but because they told me what i wanted to hear and a lot of nice cars were being worked on in there bodyshop so i figured they must no there stuff. 1 week later pick it up, there it was stood in the garage doorway two guys giving it a full valet and polish and it looked absolutely fantastic. Cant praise them enough, unfortunately though mate a bit far for you to travel. Seriously though i went to probably around 8 to 10 garages with prices ranging from £500 to £1200, shop around and go with your gut instinct mate. I no for a fact that if i would have went with the £1200 garage they could not have done a better job and i would have been an extra £500 out of pocket and they wanted the car for 2 weeks.

Yeah mate!

I couldn't believe it!

I also managed to pop down to another garage/bodyshop (well it was Saturday so alot were closed) and that guy said around £900.

But I wouldnt trust him at all, he certainly didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. He didn't even want to check if my frontlip fitted properly and said that to fix a dent they would strip it back to metal and then fill it with bodyfiller!! He said any gaps between the added-on bits and the car would be filled using bodyfiller! Too much talk of bodyfiller for my liking. No talk of blending /colour matching. He just seemed to spend ages staring at the car (probably only deals with bangers normally) Wouldn't trust him to paint my front door, nevermind my lexus!

:o

I use a company called MCR in Manchester, they are very professional and their work is always of a high standard. They will paint and fit a bodykit for £550, i think thats plus VAT but you can negotiaqte with them a bit. They do a lot of bodyshop work for Lex Bolton and Lex Manchester. I trust them with my life as they work on so many other IS200's and know what they are doing.

I use a company called MCR in Manchester, they are very professional and their work is always of a high standard. They will paint and fit a bodykit for £550, i think thats plus VAT but you can negotiaqte with them a bit. They do a lot of bodyshop work for Lex Bolton and Lex Manchester. I trust them with my life as they work on so many other IS200's and know what they are doing.

that sounds like a very good price john.

that sounds like a very good price john.

yep, not been able to fault them so far, good customer service, good work and the car always gets a full valet ready for when you pick it up, and it is a good valet.

they're almost opposite boddies gord, down a little side street, might be langdale street, cant quite remember.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

After visiting MCR and few other bodyshops I have (based on their advice) decided to return the Bodykit I bought.

The front lip (which was lower then I expected) does partially cover one of the front fog lights and the skirts were not a great fit.

Instead of getting the bodykit fitted, I have got the bonnet, front wings, front bumper, rear bumper, rear wings and driver side rear door resprayed due to scratches, a small dent and stone chips. I have also got a spoiler and the lexus sports grill fitted and painted.

This all cost me £730 + Vat.

I could have got the job done for £650 - but I knew that the place I had chosen would do a fantastic job - the cheaper place I was not too sure about. Plus I can claim the VAT back through my business.

I am due to collect the car on Monday, but I popped in today to check how its going and the car is looking immaculate - couldn't spot a scratch/mark on it! Car looked brand new! Cannot wait to pick it up, put on my new Toora Platinum T950 18" alloys and Eibach Springs and take some nice pictures to add to my LOC garage!

Thanks for the help and advice guys its appreciated!

:offtopic: IS PM WORKING? I am trying to send a PM to Whiteman, but when I check my sent PM folder the PM I sent isn't there.

what bodykit is it that you returned? & where did you buy it from? sounds like v bad quality copy.

UPDATE:

After visiting MCR and few other bodyshops I have (based on their advice) decided to return the Bodykit I bought.

The front lip (which was lower then I expected) does partially cover one of the front fog lights and the skirts were not a great fit.

Instead of getting the bodykit fitted, I have got the bonnet, front wings, front bumper, rear bumper, rear wings and driver side rear door resprayed due to scratches, a small dent and stone chips. I have also got a spoiler and the lexus sports grill fitted and painted.

This all cost me £730 + Vat.

got the kit from: www.upauto.co.uk (Full Altezza Bodykit)

The bodyshops I went to all said that it was just a Fibreglass mould of another kit - basically the all said it would be a pain in the **** to fit, poor quality and that I was better off returning it.

The company were good with the retun however - just had to pay cost of postage back to them - didn't charge a restocking fee or anything.