Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Is300 245hp V6 4wd

aido

Just read this thread over at IS300.net,

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=228857

Says that the specs in the title are the official specs from Lexus for the 2006 IS300.

Also they have a thread they are updating with the specs here:

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212111

They're currently saying it will be using the 3GR-FSE engine.

Does that sound like what you've heard Mat?

are these yanks mad?

They talk of stock 300bhp.... if they want that, why don't they just go out and get an evo or something! We are talking of power in the region of M3 territory here!

Crazy people.... Just because they don't have bends! :D

because an evo just dont have the same appeal as an IS! and yes we want an M3 rival.

:offtopic: but dont those google ads in the middle of the threads on 300.net just do ya head in?

:o

I want power like that in the IS though :driving:

When you see an Evo etc you think I won't bother playing with that because they'll wipe the floor with me.

I just love cars where people totally underestimate them, even when they know what they are capable of as standard, I know I upset a Scooby driver when I started gaining on him and overtook him over a ton, he just couldn't catch me ;)

That's why there are aftermarket kits mate ;)

Look totally standard, then whoooooooooosh you're gone :)

My ideal would be to have an M3 killer and then just rub it in their faces :lol:

:o

I want power like that in the IS though :driving:

When you see an Evo etc you think I won't bother playing with that because they'll wipe the floor with me.

I just love cars where people totally underestimate them, even when they know what they are capable of as standard, I know I upset a Scooby driver when I started gaining on him and overtook him over a ton, he just couldn't catch me ;)

yea it makes me sick when i see an Evo or scooby they all ways looking down on us IS guys, as if to say you can play but just not with us . we will see who plays when the Turbo is fited :angry:

You can't really compare the Evo to an IS though can u ? -

One was built for rallying.

One was built for Luxury ......

i was not mate i would just like to have BHP that the Evo,s has in my IS soon i will have then i will play with some Evo,s :ph34r: :winky:

I don't think I'll ever be in the market for an Evo, I think performance wise they're fantastic and I love the looks but I'd just get too much hassle from people wanting to race and it's a highly desirable car, I know a lot of people who have nice performance cars and most of them have had attempted thefts.

The thing is the IS doesn't appeal to the boy racer crowd, and I like that, they leave me alone (well they did until the exterior mods went through the roof!)

The sort of thing I'd like though is beyond what the Evo and Scoobies are doing, basically I love the IS, think she's a great car, but I've got a craving for more power (this car is going to be the end of me, mark my words!)

Marcus, your car will be a perfect example, you'll be wiping the floor with allsorts :)

I just love the element of surprise, it's worth a lot :)

One of the lad's at work has an S4 - now to clued up people they know this means stay away, but he gets loads of pricks trying it on so he just destroys them. This is exactly what I want from the Lexus if you know what I mean? Executive looks but the performance to rip most cars on the road to shreds!

5.1 inches wider !

One of the deciding factors for my current Lex was getting it in the garage without having to fold mirrors / climb out of the sunroof, etc.

What's 73 inches in mm ?

They are basing the dimensions on the LF-C which is a concept! If it's true then the IS would be wider than the LS430 :excl:

5.1 inches wider !

One of the deciding factors for my current Lex was getting it in the garage without having to fold mirrors / climb out of the sunroof, etc.

What's 73 inches in mm ?

1855mm !

The thing is the IS doesn't appeal to the boy racer crowd, and I like that, they leave me alone (well they did until the exterior mods went through the roof!)

i think its beginning to appeal more mate, especially with the prices coming down. i see some max muppets with IS's popping up pretty soon. :ohmy::crybaby:

the next IS IS NOT I REPAEAT IS NOT based on the LF-C.

all that has been posted on .net is what i have already said.

it has become quite common for US dealers to "announce"" cars that do not appear, remember it was only 6 months ago that on .net they were saying that the IS430 WAS COMING DEFINATLY TO THE US.

now you see they post that it isnt.........

if you want the facts, you will find them here first... :winky:

if you want the facts, you will find them here first... :winky:

Prove it then! You seem to be the only one that knows anything about the new IS so why don't you share it with us.

Or are you just blagging???

he has shared it with us

i think its beginning to appeal more mate, especially with the prices coming down. i see some max muppets with IS's popping up pretty soon. :ohmy::crybaby:

the IS was one of the most desirable cars in the 'UK Urban' music scene. It was the car to seen in.. B) and 'Pimping' is gettin get more popular here :crying: