Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2003 Is300, Headlamp Washers

i'm pretty sure i've seen something about this a while ago but i've just done a search & i can't seem to find the info - doh! :whistling:

i had the styling kit fitted by lexus when we had the car new - june 2003. should she still have the headlamp washers?

for some reason, i thought we didn't have them because of the styling kit - but it now seems we should have them anyway??

all info gratefully received guys... :hehe:

if your car has HID lights, shouldnt it have washers by law?

that's what i've seen recently & thought i'd ask the men who know at LOC!!

hopefully i should be going to Nottingham's open road day on thursday at kedleston hall, derby - so i'll grab someone who looks like they know what they're talking about (what am i thinking...!!! :whistling: ) & get an answer.

thanks fellas :D

hopefully i should be going to Nottingham's open road day on thursday at kedleston hall, derby

Their what. Why didn't I get an invite to that! Phone call to dealer in order.

Good luck with getting the washers installed Lexxy 703.

Cheers, Tony

Ive got an IS300 with HID headlights and headlamp washers, it came like this from new. Whats this im hearing about you shouldnt have this combination?

no! :huh: you SHOULD have this combination - but i HAVEN'T!! for some reason...hopefully, Lexus will be sorting me out shortly tho :)

I have got a 2002 IS300 with styling kit. I have got headlamp washers on mine.

I would speak to Lexus GB if I were you as you should have headlamp washers with HID lamps.

Have a look at mine

yup, same styling kit as yours mate - i think i only ever used the headlamp washers once on the old IS200, but, if i SHOULD have them, i WANT them now!! B)

Ive got an IS300 with HID headlights and headlamp washers, it came like this from new. Whats this im hearing about you shouldnt have this combination?

You should have the washers fitted to an IS300. The trouble is the bumper didn't really allow then to be fitted. Not a problem for the IS200 but as the IS300 has HIDs it is a legal requirement that the vehicle has them.

LOC informed Lexus GB of their error in July 2003 and since then dealer should have been fitting them (some even were before). They stopped selling the kit for a while at the beginning of 2004 whilst TTE had the bumper revised. You can now get it in two forms, either with or without washer fitting.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ST&f=50&t=7608&

heres the link to an old thread about this

ive got a 2003 IS300 styling with HID lamps but no headlamp washers. Lexus Hatfield were supposed to contact me about this but I never heard back from them and I basically forgot all about it..... maybe I should get on to them....

i got a phone call from Lexus GB yesterday afternoon about this.

she advised the washers cannot be retro fitted & a new front bumper/styling kit is needed (not quite sure how much they'll replace? is it all one piece?! :huh: no laughing pls...) really, Nottingham should already have been in touch with me about this, but then again, it's only from June/July 2003 - so i'm sure they would have rang me soon anyway... :whistling:

Nottingham are expecting the necessary parts in stock 'sometime soon' & they will contact me then to arrange fitting etc

after i'd spoken to her - i had a bit of an important afterthought - this will be free of charge won't it?! :o

• 8 months later...
Nottingham are expecting the necessary parts in stock 'sometime soon' & they will contact me then to arrange fitting etc

...better late than never eh? :huh: my IS300 is going into Nottingham on wednesday for this to be done... so probably a good idea to give your local dealer a nudge if you're waiting for this to be done too :)

...better late than never eh? :huh: my IS300 is going into Nottingham on wednesday for this to be done... so probably a good idea to give your local dealer a nudge if you're waiting for this to be done too :)

Yeah,

Still waiting on mine!! How long does it take to order a batch of bumpers?? There aren't that many of us surely

Yeah,

Still waiting on mine!! How long does it take to order a batch of bumpers?? There aren't that many of us surely

I was waiting on mine to be done since July 2003

I should get in touch with the dealer but my car was in a crash the other week.....

Damn and blast............ :ohmy:

Yeah,

I was waiting on mine to be done since July 2003

I should get in touch with the dealer but my car was in a crash the other week.....

Damn and blast............ :ohmy:

I have, but its not their fault - Lexus GB are building up supplies first !!

my baby safely delivered back to me yesterday - with nice & clean new bumper with headlamp washers.

they even gave me a new LS430 with less than 3k on the clock to play with for the day... :D what a beast! beautiful car with enough gadgets to get you to the moon & back :lol: don't think it's really practical for me & my day to day driving, but i sure enjoyed her for a day B)