Hid Kit Has Just Arrived

Chris.S

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris ,

just got in.

I don't think the HID kit will work without the relays as the Oem headlight wiring harness does not offer enough current.

I found this when I fitte my AutoLamps Onlie Phillips kit.

Other then that,

The ballace should take a direct connection from the harness which connects to your original bulb. the other harness should connect to your new bulb.. simple as that.

With the relay harness, it's as follows.

The relay has it's own Power (bettery) and GND (car bodu)

it also then as a connector which connects to your Oem light bulb wire.

the other harness on the ballace then connects to your bulb.

You MUST ensure you have a good GND to bare metal on the car body.

If all fails call me Dave E has my number.

I don't think the HID kit will work without the relays as the Oem headlight wiring harness does not offer enough current.

I found this when I fitte my AutoLamps Onlie Phillips kit.

Steve that doesn't make sense as one of the benefits of HIDs is they use less current than standard bulbs.

From Scorpion's previous pics I can see that the Prolex ballasts are a 'powerpack', and do not require a seperate igniter.

Also, most modern kits do not need relays for 9006, relays are only required for H4 hi/low kits.

What i would do is:

1. take out the entire kit

2. check all the connectors between the HID bulb and the ballast

3. then plug the remaining connector of the HID bulb in the original 9006 headlight connector.

If it does not work, sometimes the connector of the HID bulb is plugged in wrongly, take it out again and check if you not accidentally reversed the +/- of the bulb.

By the way, are both your HID bulbs not working (likely faulty installation), or are they flickering (prob. faulty kit)?

Okay Mick my friendly Lexus Technician has double checked them just

We've checked all connections, swapped ballasts over and bulbs, but they just do not come on.

I take what I have in the kit is correct ?

Only other thing i can think is try hooking straight up to a 12v supply.

Or does anyone nearby have a working set to swap bits in + out ?

Other than that, would seem something is duff...

Haven't been sent a 24v truck set by mistake have you ? :)

Already tried, still nothing

If you are sure the connection from the original bulb is going to the input of the powerpack and the output is going to the HID bulb then they must be faulty.

Seems strange that both units are not working though.

Unless both bulbs are faulty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links