Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit Has Just Arrived

Chris.S

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, I know from when I had my kit the connector on the ballast had a notch which prevented me connecting the stock headlight power connector without force - have you tried both ways?

When mine wouldn't fire up the problem was due to the grounding at the time (I also had a faulty ballast which is being replaced) - but this can't be the case here since you don't have the harnesses....

Tell you what though mate, long shot here but mine were touch and go firing up unless the car engine was actually started first, and then the lights turned on. Think it was to do with my Battery being low as the next day the car wouldn't start!!!

I know mate but that's what I found when I was having problems - got to be worth a go?

Have you checked whether the ceramic is cracked in the HID bulbs?

I had one which had cracked - look closely at the white ceramic material and there should be no breakages.

Chris,

Do you want to meet up when I get my kit and we can try and figure out which parts you have that are faulty, ie if you have 2 faulty ballasts and bulbs or whether it's just the bulbs and / or the ballasts that are faulty?

I don't think the HID kit will work without the relays as the Oem headlight wiring harness does not offer enough current.

I found this when I fitte my AutoLamps Onlie Phillips kit.

Steve that doesn't make sense as one of the benefits of HIDs is they use less current than standard bulbs.

Something to do with the load and light failure circuit i think Colin.

Sorry Steve, didn't want to offend you, I was just thinking out loud.

Will you still give us a hand if we get stuck when I'm trying bits out between my kit and Chris' kit please mate?

Basically I was going to make sure my bits worked, then try my ballasts with Chris' bulbs and so on until we could identify which bit wasn't working, it's what I did last time when you helped me with mine until I figured out I'd got a dodgy ballast.

Sorry Steve, didn't want to offend you, I was just thinking out loud.

Will you still give us a hand if we get stuck when I'm trying bits out between my kit and Chris' kit please mate?

Basically I was going to make sure my bits worked, then try my ballasts with Chris' bulbs and so on until we could identify which bit wasn't working, it's what I did last time when you helped me with mine until I figured out I'd got a dodgy ballast.

what about me :whistling:

OK,

just spoken to the supplier.

He tasted tested even all the kits prior to dispatch so is surprised that they dont work.

I've a spare set at home so will try these on my car tonight/Sat morning.

One thing he did say was that you can connect one plug upside down (headlight) it will not work.

Dave

Tried the spare set on mine today...........by chance SteveAudioX called as I was doing it :P

Did not king work :sick::angry::sick::angry::sick:

Looks like the supplier may have mixed the live & earth wires up...........so

Colin/Geoffers.........

On my Aug 1999 car there is a red wire and a white with black trace wire coming into the buld holder (OEM) the red one goes into the black wire from the HID kit the white with black trace goes into the blue wire on the HID kit....

if the black on the HID kit is earth....the red surely is not on the Lex loom....could this be the problem ?

Tried the spare set on mine today...........by chance SteveAudioX called as I was doing it  :P

Did not king work  :sick:  :angry:  :sick:  :angry:  :sick:

Colin/Geoffers.........

On my Aug 1999 car there is a red wire and a white with black trace wire coming into the buld holder (OEM) the red one goes into the black wire from the HID kit the white with black trace goes into the blue wire on the HID kit....

if the black on the HID kit is earth....the red surely is not on the Lex loom....could this be the problem ?

White with black on the OEM loom would go to ground. The red wire will be the +12v feed.

Tried the spare set on mine today...........by chance SteveAudioX called as I was doing it  :P

Did not king work  :sick:  :angry:  :sick:  :angry:  :sick:

Colin/Geoffers.........

White with black on the OEM loom would go to ground. The red wire will be the +12v feed.

Thanks Colin....

So my/Steves theory could be correct :whistling:

Somewhat frustrating to say the least

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links