Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Bought Is200

After nearly a year of looking for the right car, its finally turned up!! Picked it up last night and loving every minute of it!! Ive looked at around 10 IS200's, and this one was by far the cleanest ive seen. Its virtually spotless!

Its a 2002 IS200 Sport in Scarlatti Red. Apart from it being near mint condition, one of the reasons I like it so much is the colour. I havn't seen many IS200's at all in this colour and I feel like it stands out from the crowd a bit more.

The car is still covered by the Lexus Warrenty until the end of January. Does anyone know if I have to change the warrenty details into my name or is that not necessary? And also, the first MOT will be due in January. If I get the car MOT'd while the warrenty is still valid, would Lexus pay for anything that it needed to pass???

Great site by the way :winky:

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

Welcome mate..

I'm not too sure on the change of details for the warranty - best to speak to your local dealer or Lexus GB.

As for them covering you for parts.. it depends what parts, wear and tear items such as tires, pads, wiper blades and bulbs they wouldn't. Items such as suspension you may be able to rectify under warranty.

Someone will be along to assist you further.

Happy Motoring!

Congrats on your new motor.

U will love it.

Did u get it from a lexus dealer? If so they should give you a one year warranty on the car even if the original warranty expires earlier. You should have signed a warranty record and a copy would have been given to you with top up over the existing warranty on the car.

one of the reasons I like it so much is the colour. I havn't seen many IS200's at all in this colour and I feel like it stands out from the crowd a bit more.

Couldn't agree more! I picked up my 2001 is200 sport last week in, yes, scarlati red!!! You have good taste!

Ill ring lexus then in the morning to find out about the warrenty.

Rakesh, no I didnt buy it from a Lexus dealer so didnt get the 1 year warrenty. Just have the normal Lexus warrenty until January.

Definatly going to consider extending the warrenty though, just for the peace of mind if anything.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

:driving:

You should find a change of owner detail in the back of the service book although the car would still be covered under warranty even if you don't send this off. It's mainly for Lexus marketing and for recalls etc.

Yes it is best to get the MOT done within warranty so any work that needs doing is covered. This would exclude items that are not covered under the warranty - e.g. bulbs or worn tyres etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links