Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:) I got these from the states at half that price including shipping, as mine is black with gold badging i was thinking of getting them gold plated. You can also get the rear set.

OK, now you're tempting me with half price and rear kits to match. Where? Do you have a link?

While we are on about fancy bits, how about these two below?

http://www.autogrills.com/main%20lexus_page.htm

http://www.bdtrims.com/dash-kits.php?section=list

The brother in law drives a 1990 LS, and he is also thinking about smartening up the car.

Would there be a UK outlet for the same type of stuff?

The trouble with bringing any items from the US into Ireland, is that about 95% of all parcels are being stopped by some Government/Post Office appointed crowd, and VAT and a 'service charge' is being added.

Robbery if you ask me.

Apparantly its to encourage spending in the EU.

But we all know the best variety of 'add-ons' come from the US.

So if any one knows of a 'EU' supplier .........

Phil.

The grill on the 1998-2000 GS is chrome but just sprayed black over the top. A bit of paint stripper and you can take it back to chrome.

On my old GS I just done the edge of the slats using a cotton bud to apply the paint stripper. Done one at a time, left it on for 30 seconds, washed off, reapplied to any bits left on and then onto the next one. Took about a hour.

front.jpg

The grill on the 1998-2000 GS is chrome but just sprayed black over the top. A bit of paint stripper and you can take it back to chrome.

On my old GS I just done the edge of the slats using a cotton bud to apply the paint stripper. Done one at a time, left it on for 30 seconds, washed off, reapplied to any bits left on and then onto the next one. Took about a hour.

Nice tip, Colin.

That certainly looks the biz. I will have to have a look at mine a little closer.

I am assuming that you removed the grill to do the job?

Also, what type of paint stripper did you use?

Some are more 'active' than others, and I wouldn't want to melt the grill as it is probably some sort of plastic.

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I removed the grill first, only takes a minute or two.

I used Nitromors car paint stripper which you can get in Halfords.

Fine advice, Colin.

Did mine the weekend.

Certainly improves the looks.

How do you post pics? I would like to show the 'before and after'.

Phil.

Edited by Chippy 01

The gallery is only open to Gold members. If you have your own web space from your Internet provider you can upload them there and use the IMG button to add to a post.

If you don't have any luck drop me a PM and I'll post them up for you.

• 2 weeks later...