Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used Supercharger.

jensi

Hello.

I am new in this Lexus forum.

I have a 99 mod. Is 200 sport.

Is there any chance getting a used supercharger set to my car?

Are this kits rare?

I have understand that its ok fitting it by my self?

Sorry for my bad english.

Jensi from Norway.

One of the members on here, "gordon g hutchinson" has a new one for sale for €3850 - not sure how much you can buy them for new in Norway?

P.S. Welcome to LOC :)

You can see the full stats for the compressor on an auto car at this link

Basically it ups the power and torque to the same levels as it does the Manual car, and also increases your top speed slightly in a car with the Auto box.

Edited by aido

Would it need to be declared on the insurance?

Never driven a S/C does it make that much difference?

Is car still safe? I carry 2 kids most of the time, don't want anything too scary.

Does it effect factory warrenty?

Yes it would need to be declared on the insurance, added around £300 to my cover.

Makes a fair bit of difference, improves the bhp and torque so basically driving the car normally it feels like you are two gears lower than you expect, ie in a car with a supercharger fitted, the car pulls in 6th like a standard car does in 4th. It basically makes the car go through the rev range quicker.

The car is still safe, as standard you can't really tell it's there apart from the whine, the car will just be faster. The kit has TUV certification which Mat C will tell you is very difficult to get in Germany.

As for the warranty, it's not covered directly and for any engine problems etc Lexus would have to prove that the supercharger is not directly responsible for the problem, ie Chris Shipley had engine problems and it was covered under warranty - they tried to sneak out of it but the supercharger wasn't to blame.

To give you an idea of the quality i think I read on here that Lexus offer this as a standard option on cars in mainland Europe.

Would it need to be declared on the insurance?

Never driven a S/C does it make that much difference?

Is car still safe? I carry 2 kids most of the time, don't want anything too scary.

Does it effect factory warrenty?

yes to insurance, if you want a drive of one give me a pm, it dose make a difference, yes the car is safe,i have 4 kids, if you need new starter motor under warrenty you will still be ok witha supercharger fitted, i put one on my car and it was only 12mths old.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I will search for a used supercharger then.

Is the TTe S/C a unit that needs servic/rebuilding?

Is there any problems buying a used?

If any of you are thinking of selling or know of any,please pm me. :)

Thank you.

Jensi

you just missed one :ph34r: yes they need a service after 60,000mls i think ? no problems getting used one, so long as you know the history (mls its done) of it, servicing of the s/c tte can do, i dont know if you can buy a servicing kit or not ? (will have to try and find out about that ?). as you may or may not know i have a new one for sale, if thats of intrest to you ? hope this helps :winky:

you just missed one  :ph34r: yes they need a service after 60,000mls i think ? no problems getting used one, so long as you know the history (mls its done) of it, servicing of the s/c tte can do, i dont know if you can buy a servicing kit or not ? (will have to try and find out about that ?). as you may or may not know i have a new one for sale, if thats of intrest to you ? hope this helps  :winky:

the oil system is a sealed for life system( the nose section), according to Eaton there are no servicing kits available. as for servicing intervals different people say different things, i also have heard 60K but have heard 80K also - on condition is another.

I made an offer ,but he did not accepted it.I didnt get a chance giving a new offer so...

But there is no rush.I dont get my car until next week .

I am importing from Germany.

A new supercharger I think is to expensive.

I will try to find for about max 1800 £.

Jensi