Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

XENON Light upgrade HID

For those wo don't know, but i have installed a complete Xenon light upgrade to my IS200 Sport, this kit is the nut's..easy to install and gives the car a factory Xenon look, like on some higher spec Lexus. check out the site at Autolamps-online.com for a remarkable service..make sure you order the correct kit though 9006 . I hope i can post this..

My Is200 has electronic leveling on the headlight, same as my bmw 330ci. as for legal requirements, they export the kits worldwide..so i thing thats why thay state that... i heard that if fitted to a car, the car must also be equip with headlight wash wipe... never glared anyone with mine before...and they are exactly the same as the factory upgrades on my BMW

I fitted a set of Bosch HIDs to my car and had the headlamp level adjusted. It took me around 30 mins to do the whole lot. Now I keep the level in check using the level adjustment in the car. The difference the HIDs made is incredible. The spread of light is so much better and I've also adjusted the range of the lamps so that they throw a lot further forward now. The only thing about the Bosch HIDs is that at normal operating temperature, the light is white in colour and not blue like a lot of HID systems. However, as a result, I feel that there is more light intensity than the factory Xenon systems on my other cars.

TRD328, what did the EPA do about your car? Hopefully they've just left you alone. So far I've not had any trouble with the HIDs or any of the other mods (touch wood!).

Well I must admit I'm VERY tempted to order one of these.

Did you need to do any alignment? Mine's got the adjuster inside but obviously not automatic.

Any idea what would happen when an MOT's due?

I think the law states that any car that will be used on a public highway, that is fitted with HID must have automatic level adjustment to avoid dazzling other drivers. This is normally done with sensors on the suspension like on the GS's am I right guys?

Although saying that, I can only see it being a problem at MOT time!

Yes the law does stipulate that your car should have headlamp washers and automatic levelling with HIDs. However, not all of us with IS200s have this luxury of having factory installed Xenons like in other countries so as long as you fit the lights sensibly, I don't think there'll be a problem. When it comes to MOT time, you might have to plug the halogens back in but with HB4 bulbs, you'll be able to do both lamps in less than 30 secs!

As for cost, I bought mine in Japan for around £300 and I'm sure that loads of companies will have online shops for them. The only thing is the light from the Bosch system has a very intense white colour and not a bluish tinge that most people seem to like.

After fitting, my dealer set the beam such that it was right on the uppermost legal limit when the headlamp levelling button inside the car was on position '1'. This made a big improvement to the range the beam covers since the bulbs are so much brighter, but they are still within the limits so that they don't dazzle other drivers.

Hence I can lower the beam a fair bit if the car is loaded, or I can raise the beam if driving in very secluded areas.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links