Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Twisted

I noticed my drivers side seat belt was twisted from the area it first emerges from (before it feeds through the first slit). :unsure:

So I tried to untwist it, but now the buckle faces the pillar instead of into the centre of the cabin. I can't seem to reverse this, and I think the twist is further down the channel. It seems to have affected the speed at which the belt is recoiled, to the point where I now have to feed the belt back, rather than it retracting itself - otherwise it's left dangling! :ohmy:

Any advice on how to rectify this would be great,

Purvesh

I hope you have strong fingers... the only tip I can give you is to try and figure out which way it should be untwisted (you can probalbly see that) and try to make a twist in the slit itself from the outside. Shifft/press it to the side and fold the edge back a bit and try to wiggle until the fold moves further in the slit. I know it will be very narrow and very tough going. I managed it once with the bucke.

My guess is the dealer will talk you into a new belt. They'll argue that a creased belt will not be as safe anymore and will have to be replaced (just like belts on a car that had a crash).

Success...

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go.. but to be honest its not obvious which way its twisted, cos its not evident until you pull it right out and theres a slight curve in the belt.

Do you know if its a big job to pull off the pillar trim and have a closer look down the bottom - to see which way to untwist.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links