Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there anyone out there with pictures of the dashboard/consol area of the MkII GS300 from 2001 onwards, that can either post them here or e-mail straight to me.

The interior trim kit that I 'found' (see previous post), only has the kits from 2001 up. Mine is a 2000. I need to know if there are any differences between the years, before I start seriously thinking about an early Xmas present.

And it has to be with the NON navigation system.

As far as I am aware, the only difference is the addition of shift buttons on the steering wheel. Though I may be wrong.

So that's dash/consol area, 2001 onwards only, NON navigation model.

Thanks.

Phil.

There are quite a few little differences but mainly to do with finishes and colours etc. not the layout. I believe they are the same although the stereo controls may be a little different. I'll have a look at some face-lift pictures later.

There are quite a few little differences but mainly to do with finishes and colours etc. not the layout. I believe they are the same although the stereo controls may be a little different. I'll have a look at some face-lift pictures later.

It will be the layout that is important.

The link below will take you to their diagram showing the shape of all thier pieces. The radio layout looks the same as the pieces shown, I must double-check.

There are two areas that I can see are different. One area is of no great shakes, but the other is kinda important.

The first area is piece number 25, the overhead surround. The piece shown is for a car with a sunroof. That is a €1,500 option here in Ireland, so it is not often fitted. I can live with that bit missing. No great shakes.

The next piece, however, is a different kettle of fish.

Piece number 8, the speedo surround. It shows a small cut-out next to the right hand pod. If that is to allow clearance for the trip buttons, then I am snookered. My trip buttons are next to the left hand pod.

The speedo surround is focal to the look, so that needs to be right.

Every thing else appears to be O.K., but I do need to be 100% sure. Hence the call for good photos of 2001 onward interiors.

http://www.bdtrims.com/show_diag.php?diag=...Trims.com:Store

I have e-mailed the company regarding my queries, but that was late last night, so I will have to wait until Monday for thier reply.

In the meantime, if anyone has said pics, please post.

Thanks.

Phil.

The next piece, however, is a different kettle of fish.

Piece number 8, the speedo surround. It shows a small cut-out next to the right hand pod. If that is to allow clearance for the trip buttons, then I am snookered. My trip buttons are next to the left hand pod.

The speedo surround is focal to the look, so that needs to be right.

Every thing else appears to be O.K., but I do need to be 100% sure. Hence the call for good photos of 2001 onward interiors.

http://www.bdtrims.com/show_diag.php?diag=...Trims.com:Store

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am practically certain that the cutout is for the ODO / TRIP and RESET buttons. On my MKII, there is nothing in that area of the dash at all.

:crybaby:

If it any consolation, that would probably not not look very good, as there is just one largish cutout, instead of room for two distinct buttons.

You defintely be able to see your old trim through that piece.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am practically certain that the cutout is for the ODO / TRIP and RESET buttons. On my MKII, there is nothing in that area of the dash at all.

If it any consolation, that would probably not not look very good, as there is just one largish cutout, instead of room for two distinct buttons.

You defintely be able to see your old trim through that piece.

I know. That is why I am looking for the pics of 2001 on 300

Did Lexus move the buttons?

If the company answers my e-mail it might clear it all up.

Or are there any other companies within the UK that do the kits?