Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Size Help Please

kevlar8

Hello I am looking to get a Lexus IS200 as I was told that I could get a 1.6 IS. Is this true as I have seen a load of 2.0 IS200 lexus but I was not sure if you could get a 1.6.

Also how much would a 18 y/o be looking to pay for a 2.0 IS200 as I really want one because they look the dogs ..........

Cheers you lot.

P.S can i still chan my username if i have finished the registration form?

you can e-mail me at djkevinf@hotmail.com

Thanks.

:lol: @ Raz!

That will be a no then - the car's are named after the engine size, so the IS200 is 2 litre and the IS300 is 3 litre.

The IS200 has the smallest engine in the Lexus range.

Well at the moment I can't drive as I have not got a licence yet :tsktsk: but I want an IS200 so how much would I be looking to pay on insurance for an IS200.

Here is some information for sombody that wnats to try and find out how much it will be.

1) I am 18 y/o living in oxfordshire.

2) The car will be parked on the road (as i don't have a drive)

3) the car will be used by me and my girlfriend.

Cheers you lot. :D

I love how they drive as my uncle has an IS200 and he drives like a rally driver :driving:

Well at the moment I can't drive as I have not got a licence yet :tsktsk: but I want an IS200 so how much would I be looking to pay on insurance for an IS200.

Here is some information for sombody that wnats to try and find out how much it will be.

1) I am 18 y/o living in oxfordshire.

2) The car will be parked on the road (as i don't have a drive)

3) the car will be used by me and my girlfriend.

Cheers you lot. :D

I love how they drive as my uncle has an IS200 and he drives like a rally driver :driving:

dunno what insurance cost be like but wont be cheap i can tell you. do a few online quotes via the net to give u an idea. when i was 18 i owned a mazda 323f 1.6 & insurance was expensive even though i had some driving experience.

I'm 19/20, 3 Points and a claim, living in nr bmth on a good post code, paying about £1600 for insurance.

You'll be lucky mate, the IS is the best thing I can insure for my age.

Try Tesco, Egg.com & Direct line.

Don't waste your time with flux, they tried charging me £2400!

it would be easier to just go and ask an insurance broker

It will give them a laugh if nothing else.

I asked my insurer how much to add a family friend who is 17 so I could teach them to drive. My current insurer wouldn't cover them. Cheapest the broker could find meant my premium would go from £500 to £2,500. :o So no lessons....

all i can say is good luck.

Its relitively high rated but if your pockets are deep enough to both run the lex (runnings costs are high!) as well as insure it thn go for it. but be careful. rear wheel drive and power and little experience will = disaster!!