Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toora Platinum 5 Offset?

Anees

Hi guys,

I am planning on getting some nice Toora Plat 5's like AltezzaScot and a few other guys on here.

I have seen them on the Rochford Tyres website. Fitment I am planning to get is:

5x114 et38

This means they have an Offset of 38 right? I thought that the IS had to have atleast 45 as its offset?

But then how have guys like AltezzaScot and others managed to fit them?

(As you can tell I don't know much about alloys - I'm all confused! :blink: :yack: )

Please help

Anees

A spacer will make the difference in offset worse ;)

A wheel with offset 38 will already be 7mm closer to the fender than with offset 45. The wider 225/40R18 tyre will add another 5mm compared to the standard 215/45R17.

Ask the guys with the Toora's, maybe thay had to roll the lip or mould the lining to make things fit. Or maybe it'll just fit.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

If you look at this thread somebody had the same offset and drop and got a slight rub on one side. Depending on tyre you may or may not have the same problem

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=637&

It may be possible to get a few mm machined off the wheel mounting surface to increase the offset slightly.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Got the alloys and tyres ftted last Saturday, along with Eibach Springs (30mm) drop.

Everything seems fine so far, no major problems to report, except that I get a vibration through the steering wheel at 50mph. Going to get the tyres balanced again (I read on the forums that the IS is very sensitive to balancing).

I was worried when I first got the car that something was scrapping/rubbing - but the noise has gone now (springs settling?) - my local mechanic has had a drive in the car and says it was me being paroniod! ;)

Ride is smoother but I do intend to change the tyres very soon - they were part-worns and they are not really that great after all. Thinking that I'll run them until the springs have settled, then get the tracking/full wheel geometry done and get new tyres at the same time.

Hope this post helps others thinking of getting 18's!

PS If it EVER stops raining/getting dark by 3pm I'll try to post some pictures! :D

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE!

Got the alloys and tyres ftted last Saturday, along with Eibach Springs (30mm) drop.

Everything seems fine so far, no major problems to report, except that I get a vibration through the steering wheel at 50mph. Going to get the tyres balanced again (I read on the forums that the IS is very sensitive to balancing).

I was worried when I first got the car that something was scrapping/rubbing - but the noise has gone now (springs settling?) - my local mechanic has had a drive in the car and says it was me being paroniod! ;)

Ride is smoother but I do intend to change the tyres very soon - they were part-worns and they are not really that great after all. Thinking that I'll run them until the springs have settled, then get the tracking/full wheel geometry done and get new tyres at the same time.

Hope this post helps others thinking of getting 18's!

PS If it EVER stops raining/getting dark by 3pm I'll try to post some pictures! :D

I'm just about to order a set of these, they look really good from what I can see.

Can you post a pic of them on your car?

Thanks

Hi Adam,

The alloys do look GREAT!

But I have had trouble with them. The alloys that I bought were an offset of 38 - which I should have just about been able to get away with. But unfortunetly they did stick out abit too much and I was getting a scrapping sound.

Gord (top guy) actually met me and worked out that the tyres were hitting my arches whenever I went over a bump or dip in the road.

I got the aches rolled and it was much better but I still get rubbing with passengers in the back seat.

I am actually (thanks to Gord) waiting to have about 7mm taken of the mounting surface of the alloys so that the offset will be 45mm and they should then be perfect.

I did PM AltezzaScott (he also has/had the same alloys- et38) and he said he had no problems with them - so I am dissapointed that I have had them.

To be honest if you don't really have anyone in the back seat then you can get away with just getting the arches rolled.

You can read about the SAGA :crying: (with pics) in the following thread (bit out of date):

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=17848

Good Luck mate

Hi Adam,

The alloys do look GREAT!

But I have had trouble with them. The alloys that I bought were an offset of 38 - which I should have just about been able to get away with. But unfortunetly they did stick out abit too much and I was getting a scrapping sound.

Gord (top guy) actually met me and worked out that the tyres were hitting my arches whenever I went over a bump or dip in the road.

I got the aches rolled and it was much better but I still get rubbing with passengers in the back seat.

I am actually (thanks to Gord) waiting to have about 7mm taken of the mounting surface of the alloys so that the offset will be 45mm and they should then be perfect.

I did PM AltezzaScott (he also has/had the same alloys- et38) and he said he had no problems with them - so I am dissapointed that I have had them.

To be honest if you don't really have anyone in the back seat then you can get away with just getting the arches rolled.

You can read about the SAGA :crying: (with pics) in the following thread (bit out of date):

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=17848

Good Luck mate