Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 Calender Comp

Fargo

(cant post on the thread for some reason so ive started a new one)

Well im sad to see the competition has been cancelled.. why...due to lack of entrys.. come on people,, stick ya damn photo up,, you never know you may be selected.....

what about you guys that didnt make it on the 2004,, why not submit your again...

what about all you new people,, would be nice to have you lex on a caleneder wouldnt it.

seems perhaps this lack of apathy that bazza mentioned is catching...

LETS SEE SOME DAMN SUPPRORT..

this doens cost yo anything.. no petrol money, no overnight hotel stay money... just a little time and effort..

(cant post on the thread for some reason so ive started a new one)

Well im sad to see the competition has been cancelled.. why...due to lack of entrys.. come on people,, stick ya damn photo up,, you never know you may be selected.....

what about you guys that didnt make it on the 2004,, why not submit your again...

what about all you new people,, would be nice to have you lex on a caleneder wouldnt it.

seems perhaps this lack of apathy that bazza mentioned is catching...

LETS SEE SOME DAMN SUPPRORT..

this doens cost yo anything.. no petrol money, no overnight hotel stay money... just a little time and effort..

I put an entry in :geek:

Well any picture from here would be my entry....

http://www.jiberjaber.org.uk/cm/thumbnails.php?album=87

There are a few more of it actually cleaned up that I took whilst back in Boro at the weekend as well which I will put on tonight. Shame I only had the Tees Barrage to use as a backdrop as I didnt have tome to take it up onto the Moors for a better background.

This competition was posted months ago so members could get photos during the summer months.

But the brucie bonus was that all gold members would have received a free calendar.. yep... Nada, gratis, zero, zilch... absolutely free at the cost of Lexus Edinburgh. I am very gratefull to Ian for his generous offer.

I have mentioned the competition a few times to remind everyone. But no one could be bothered and I really feel sorry for those who tried. But we cannot choose cars if there are not enough to judge. So everyone has lost out.

As you were aware Steve I didnt have my car most of the summer, unless I pushed it.

And since I got it back the weather has been crap

your not the first one to take pics with your bonnet up chris :lol::lol::lol:

can we not leave the current entries for the next one..............

cheers peeps, maybe like everything else this club organises, you actually wanted someone else to add your pictures of your car.

APATHY........DEFO CATCHING ON, :angry:

Why are people now moaning about this subject! It's been on the site for months. Anybody that was NOW going to enter has left it too late. I took pics of my car and put them on months ago. I am gutted that it has been cancelled. All the other members that have had their photos on should also feel the same way. They actually bothered to do it. For some members to now start moaning who NEVER even put their photos in is barmy. It is not because of the members who put their pics on that it has been cancelled its because of the members that DIDN'T post the pics. ALL the GOLD members lose out cos nobody gets a calander LOC

also loses out because the calender would have also promoted the club to non Gold members and non members. The moderators and LEXUS Edingbrough were good enough to donote thier time and effort and yet a lot of the GOLD members could'nt even be bothered to post a photo!!

Not even in the hope of getting a pic on the calender but just to show support for the organisers. Showing apathy for something like this does not give our LOC committee such a boost to organise much bigger events.

Anyway those are just my thoughts on the matter!

cheers peeps, maybe like everything else this club organises, you actually wanted someone else to add your pictures of your car.

APATHY........DEFO CATCHING ON, :angry:

Hope that wasn't aimed at me?? :o I only joined a month ago and so far have had a good time with the club and the meet we had the other weekend.

Just a suggestion to the moderators.

Now that we have 12 months to prepare for the next calender comp, and judging by the replies on the subject there is still alot of interest.

Could we enter 4 photos each

1 Winter pic

2 Spring pic

3 Summer pic

4 Autumn pic

After all it is a calender.

Can you sort it that entries for Winter say, have to be in by a certain date and so on . That way you will know the level of interest by each cut off date?

Also it gives us a chance to be more creative with the backgrounds for our pics.

Winter - snow . that sort of thing.

Plus if LEXUS Edingbrough are going to sponsor it again they will not be let down at the last minute.

So if the moderators agree can we post some interest on this from the Goldies to say that we are up for it? Open a new forum and post the firs cut off date? Even if your car is dirty in the Winter pic It will look great in the Summer pics!!

Thats a very good idea, and a positive one at that! :)

It does sound a bit daft doing a calandar through the seasons with only summer pictures in it, dont think I have ever seen on like that :D

However, I do feel it puts us down here in the sunny/wet/windy * south at a disadvantage as we can't get many good pictures in the snow :)

I do believe the best landscapes will come from Teesside though, but there again I am biased :D

(* delete as appropriate depending on the weather when reading this post :) )

The reason i wasn't going to submit a pic was becoz i was chosen last year and i knew that there was a few newbies and was hoping to see different pics(not that i would of been chosen anyway) of different cars rather than the same ones as mine hasn't changed that much.

well theres always next year...

:D

I would like to thank all those who did take the effort to take well-thought and interesting pics of their cars, some of them were fantastic.

The problem was there were not enough of these to produce a quality calendar this year and I would only put Lexus Edinburgh’s name to a quality production.

This does give us the opportunity to build on the entries we already have for something next year.

It gives you the chance to take pictures with snow, daffies, sand and brown leaves so we can represent all the seasons on the 2006 calendar.

I really hope more people embrace this, then we can all have a bit of fun doing it.

I went out and got a great shot of the Soarer which I submitted for September I think it was. The only thing I wasn't sure of was that the rules stated the car must be a Lexus, and with Soarers that's open to debate. But then again I suppose the same is true of Altezzas, Aristos etc.

Anyway, sorry it didn't work out this year and I'll deffo be entering again next year - with photos of both cars ;) :D

IMO I think we should allow someone to volunteer to look after the calendar competition... Be a good little project for someone who wishes to help the club out.

Any volunteers to help run the 4 seasons?

We should call the calendar

Lexus Owners Club - Four Seasons!