Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Up For Esva - Couple Of Questions

imd7866

hi, ive just bought an altezza from my friend and have booked it in for esva next week but ive come across some problems and was wondering if someone can please help me.

1. my rear lights have stopped working, the indicators and reverese and fogs all work, ive checked the fuses under the bonnet but they are all ok, i dont know where other fuses will be?

2. ive done most conversions for the esva inc the fuel cap and fogs, the speedo says mph on it so thats ok anyway as it came like that, anything else i need to do?

3. i dont know if i have a alarm or immobiliser as standard, do these cars come standard, and if not will i need one to pass the esva?

4. as ive seen with a number of people on this forum, ive got the same problem with my cd player saying err3, can i fix this so it works, also my tv does not catch any signal, what would i need to sort this out?

thankyou in advance, if anyone has any tips to ensure it goes through esva smoothly, id appreciate it, thankyou,, i hope to join your exciting world of altezza driving very soon.

u checked the bulbs, the other fuses are located on the right hand side of the driver footwell.

dont need a alarm, immobiliser for the esva i shouldnt think. only if the insurance company requires you to buy it. as for the Err3, better off getting a new head unit other words cheaper to! when u say TV is it sat nav, heard it cant be converted for uk use, it needs a CD or something that is virtually impossible to get or need to get a uk sat nav that costs over £3k or something. not sure...

Hi,

What 323 said is correct as far as I know. The ERR3 is a b'stard and you can either buy a brand new HU (supracharged had one for sale i think) or there are some on eBay, or ditch it and get an afttermarket one (better!!)

The sat Nav won't work, no one I know can convert it and it's basically useless........ apart from the screen which may work. (do a search on here)

If it's the SXE10 (RS200) -

Esva........... need a model report for this right? Only one that was available was for the auto, if it's for the manual then you may need to wait...... i know there's a guy here waiting for the model report to be completed on a qualitat one (a special edition tezza based on the RS200) so maybe it will be soon. I am not completely up to date on the eSVA bit but if things have changed I'm sure someone here will correct me.

If its the AS200 (GXE10) then may be a different.....

hope things work out and you can get to enjoy the car.......

Hi mate... you DO need a CAT 2 Immobiliser for the ESVA...

Also.... sorry to say... that there isn`t a model report available for the GXE10 manual according to the model report agency... which if was the case would bring things to a grinding halt for you.. :crybaby:

contact www.modelreports.co.uk and ask them regarding the model report....

and best of luck to you mate...

Thankyou all for your help, its a auto 1999.

i rang up dvla and ask them about the immobiliser thing and they said aslong as you have a modelreport, you do not need a immobiliser, dont know what they have to do with each other, but other people have said you definately need one so im stuck there.

ive already got the modelreport but need to find out about the immobiliser thing.

ive heard before the satnav is useless so looks like the cd player is also, how can i connect a ps2 to the screen, to use that as a dvd player.

and also where exaclty is the second set of fuses, ive checked the bulbs and they are all fine.

anything else i need to worry about esva?

thankyou all for your help.

I think based on the amount of grief Scott has gone through to get mine through, he should set himself up as a consultant for ESVA(not just Altezza expert as he already is)

Good luck imd and next time you need anything for your Altezza contact Altezza Sports and Prestige (Scott)

I'm looking forward to getting mine on road soon after all the hard work Scott has done for me

I think based on the amount of grief Scott has gone through to get mine through, he should set himself up as a consultant for ESVA(not just Altezza expert as he already is)

Good luck imd and next time you need anything for your Altezza contact Altezza Sports and Prestige (Scott)

I'm looking forward to getting mine on road soon after all the hard work Scott has done for me

Thanks Clive... i`m touched!! :blush:

thanks all, scott, will i need to install an immobiliser to pass the esva because other have told me that they dont look for that and they dont ask for any kind of immobiliser certification either, is this true?

and also any idea why my rear lights have gone out, ive checked the bulbs but nothing, fuses also checked under the bonnet and all good.

thanks all, scott, will i need to install an immobiliser to pass the esva because other have told me that they dont look for that and they dont ask for any kind of immobiliser certification either, is this true?

and also any idea why my rear lights have gone out, ive checked the bulbs but nothing, fuses also checked under the bonnet and all good.

You HAVE to have a t least a CAT.2 immobiliser for ESVA mate...

the fuse for the rear lights is in the drivers foot well... fuse below the one on the top left..

Just put Clives car through the ESVA and they wouldn`t even put it through the test without an immobiliser.

If its your fuse that has gone... the rear license plate lights would also have gone out... ( share the same fuse)