Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Pump

leea121

I had my water pump changed when my car went in for it's 40K service.

It was covered by warranty, but the invoice showed it as being about £150 - £200 from what I can remember ...

2001 IS200 SE

Not sure where its leaking from all they said was it was leaking. Just called them and queried it and they admitted that it migh need the belt changing after all. Amazing what a difference 5 minutes and a bit of knowledge can do. They will re-quote. The other thing they said was the frame needs re-allignment, which can take up to another 2 hours and £180. Ergonomic machine required apparently??? Can any Lexus dealer be trusted?

Not sure where its leaking from all they said was it was leaking. Just called them and queried it and they admitted that it migh need the belt changing after all. Amazing what a difference 5 minutes and a bit of knowledge can do. They will re-quote. The other thing they said was the frame needs re-allignment, which can take up to another 2 hours and £180. Ergonomic machine required apparently??? Can any Lexus dealer be trusted?

What Frame?

Ergonomic Machine = Bahco 12" Adjustable and a sweaty Mechanic.

Sounds like theyre pulling a fast one to me !

they are taking the *****, no way does it need the cam belt changing( unless u are near 100,000 miles) and in NO WAY does it need any "frame" adjusting - - they are pulling a fast one- tell them to stick it and go somewhere else

I had a new water pump fitted at Lexus Woodford, pump £78 + Labour =£500 plus another £200 for a fan shroud that was leaking

This I found strange as in the 9 months I have had it I never had to put any water in. they also said the tracking was out another £100 to do that.

Total rip off I won’t use them again :angry:

Thanks to all for the advice much appreciated and well recieved. I also think they are pulling a fast one and the attitude and knowledge of the service guy isnt going to win the garage any awards for customer service. I will try another garage in the hope there is a decent one out there and get a second opinion.

the water pumps do leak a bit where a small steel pipe goes into the top of the pump - u will see a small amount of red deposit there, i had mine changed under warranty ages ago but the replacement also started to leak a bit about a year ago and then it stopped so i have just left it.

My water pump was leaking and I only spotted it just after the warranty was up so cost me a few hundred quid to get it fixed. Kicked myself for not checking the car over more thoroughly before the warranty was up. Shame they don't do an extended warranty thing for it as its so common. Mine was replaced at about 40k.

Just been given a quote of £2k to change a water pump on my IS200. Needs a new CamBelt apparantely as cant do one without the other. Quote was from Lexus in Bracknell. Sounds well OTT to me. Am i right?

I think I can see where the problem is here........ the words Lexus in Bracknell sends shivers down my spine. They are the pits of any dealer around and you only have to search on here to find other posts of mine detailing the hell they have provided to me.

But aside from that, I too had mine changed recently during a 40k service at Twickenham and although covered under warranty, don't think it was much more than £180. Definately go elsewhere.