Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Those With Dodgy Plates

MrADeveci

Hello all, as you may all be aware there is on the site a current thread detailing the current legislation with regard to number plates.

This can be found here : http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=16952&

I'd like to add further to the current legislation - the bit that DVLA don't tell you.

Those with private / cherished transfers or even for those with a standard numberplate, but who had modified it, ie font , spacing , black screws , plate size - etc.

It would be in your own interest to know , that :

If you are reported by the police for this offence of either

* Regsitration mark not affixed in accordance with regulations

* No registration mark displayed

The police will / can / should send a mesage to DVLA stating that you have been reported for this offence.

When you are reported for this offence on more than two (2) occasions, DVLA will consider if you are a persistent number plate offender or not.

If you are, you will be issued with a warning letter from DVLA stating that they will consider revoke your plates, if continue to offend.

This means, that if you have a cherished transfer, you will be given your old original plates back.

If you only have the original plates on your car , DVLA will consider giving you a Q registered plate !!

This is just a freindly reminder to all of those members who have those "show" plates, whilst driving on public roads.

Regards,

Yeah i knew that,got done once b4 on a bike,copper was o.k though he didn;t nick me,let me off with a warning.

The whole plate was about 5 inches long and 2 inches high so it was a tad on the small size :D :D

You've goto admit though, those tiny small plates on bike do look the business, if I must say so my self :whistling:

Yeah i knew that,got done once b4 on a bike,copper was o.k though he didn;t nick me,let me off with a warning.

The whole plate was about 5 inches long and 2 inches high so it was a tad on the small size :D  :D

You've goto admit though, those tiny small plates on bike do look the business, if I must say so my self :whistling:

Especially the one i had.......it flipped up into the bodywork. :whistling:

The whole plate was about 5 inches long and 2 inches high so it was a tad on the small size :D  :D

Especially the one i had.......it flipped up into the bodywork. :whistling:

:P ....of course, that's the answer to speed cameras, (AND one they deserve!?); have revolving plates!!!

I already suggested this on a 'speeding' link here....

Take it one malicious step further? Get the local police chief/mayors number....you get the idea? Just make sure you see the cops well in advance, before you press 'reveal' or whatever...or we may never see you again? :crybaby:

onw question.

my plate is 5 characters x1 xxx for example.

now i wanna loose the full width plate bracket, if i were to nudge the first two a little closer to the second lot of characters but keeping it at full height letters would that be ok. as its not to mis represent the plate just encroach on the 33mm spacing?

onw question.

my plate is 5 characters  x1 xxx for example.

now i wanna loose the full width plate bracket, if i were to nudge the first two a little closer to the second lot of characters but keeping it at full height letters would that be ok. as its not to mis represent the plate just encroach on the 33mm spacing?

Chris,

You can not move the first two characters over to the right hand side of the characters.

The spacing between the characters have to be that of approved measure by the DVLA, this can be found in the legal advice forum mate.

It should look like this

ab51dvl_euro.jpg

There is now new style plates, that have like the bubble effect, this is legal, as the spacing and font are still correct.

I can't find an exmaple of one at the mo .... but I will keep my eyes open !

Regards,

Don,, why not just shortenthe plate, that is not illegal,, as long as there is 11mm from the letters tothe edge of the plate.

Spacing for number plates fitted after 1st September 2001

Characters

Height 79mm

Width (except the figure 1 or letter I) 50mm

Stroke 14mm

Space between characters 11mm

Space between groups 33mm

Top, bottom and side margins (min) 11mm

Space between vertical lines 19mm

oh yeah its definately gonna be as small as possible keeping the 11mm gap. just think it would look better if i changed the 33mm gap to 15mm but keeping all the letters legal height etc. but will just keep it as the DVLA say i should

cheers, just wondering if they would let me off more for not tampering with the letters them selves. but suppose i dont want the hastle of trying to explain me ways outa it.

Don,, why not just shortenthe plate, that is not illegal,, as long as there is 11mm from the letters tothe edge of the plate.

Spacing for number plates fitted after 1st September 2001

Characters

Height 79mm

Width (except the figure 1 or letter I) 50mm

Stroke 14mm

Space between characters 11mm

Space between groups 33mm

Top, bottom and side margins (min) 11mm

Space between vertical lines 19mm

unless its a jap import :whistling:

then you can legally use motorcycle sized characters :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links