Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fueling

DUNCAN

Can anyone help me out with some information on the following :-

injector sizes (what size are the factory ones on an IS200)

Fuel pump (What is it capable of...)

Fuel rail.....(as above)

Basically i want to look into the fueling side of things now, and want to upgrade the above items and anything else related to the fuel, like retun pipes etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me, and if possible, give me some part numbers or manufacturers of parts (for those who have had fuel mods done)

Can i buy these parts from somewhere and fit them myself ??

Cheers

DUNCAN. :)

As far as I know, the IS200 doesn't have a return line.

The return line is in the tank, because the fuel regulator is also in the tank.

The injectors are sized at 240 or 280cc I think....

as Roadrash says - no return fuel line, believe its built into the pump, possible options i suppose are a uprated pump with built in regulator or a return line using the tapping on the end of the fuel rail?

dont see any reason why u cant fit the items yourself, getting it set up properly might be a different matter.

speak to mat about it, spoke with him recently regarding this and we had a few ideas.

An option would be to rip out the fuel pump + fuel regulator, put a new better

stand-alone fuel pump into the tank, get out with the normal fuel line into an

aftermarket bigger fuel pressure regulator, into the fuelline, and a new return line from the new fuel regulator back to the tank.

That's what I would do for an fuel system upgrade.

:winky:

The output of the pump is higher than the use of fuel in the engine.

The overflow is going back to the tank by the ****** **** line.

so where does the unused fuel go when there isn't a return line ?

The unneeded fuel runs out on the street, because you don't need it any more...

.... :blink:

Joke :winky: :lol:

No... the fuel pump always runs at 100%.

The fuel regulator is like a "turn traffic sign"...... when you step on the gas for

only 10% or such, the engine doesn't need much fuel, so the fuel reg. give you only a bit fuel and the fuel pump although runs at 100%, so the rest of fuel gets throuch a return line back to the tank.

It's only a circuit.

When you get down to the floor with the accelerator, the fuel reg. gives you all the fuel you need and only some fuel gets back to the tank.

The next reason why we have this system?

If only the fuel pump would adjust the fuel, it would take some seconds when

you put the gas down, until you get the fuel, because the fuel pump takes some time to spool up.

So with a fuel regulator you get the fuel immediately.

Checked?? :winky:

Hi Duncan

We have some experience in this area ;)

The fuel system is flat out at 0.35 bar, and the injectors are flat out at 0.5 bar.

We can supply you with the parts to do the fuel line, pump and regulator etc but there is 2 to 3 days work for the installation.

We have a cunning plan which we are trying on Prolex Daves car, which if it works properly we will offer as part of our stage 2 upgrade. This entails larger injectors and enhanced specification ecu.

Hope this helps.

Mark :)

Hi Duncan

We have some experience in this area  ;)

The fuel system is flat out at 0.35 bar, and the injectors are flat out at 0.5 bar.

We can supply you with the parts to do the fuel line, pump and regulator etc but there is 2 to 3 days work for the installation.

We have a cunning plan which we are trying on Prolex Daves car, which if it works properly we will offer as part of our stage 2 upgrade. This entails larger injectors and enhanced specification ecu.

Hope this helps.

Mark  :)

Thanks for that Mark.

If i was to order the parts from you, can you give me instructions on how to fit it all, or would i be waisting my time. would it require setting up ?

Could you PM me with a "fitted" price and a "supplied only" price. :)

Hi Duncan

We have some experience in this area  ;)

Hope this helps.

Mark  :)

Thanks for that Mark.

If i was to order the parts from you, can you give me instructions on how to fit it all, or would i be waisting my time. would it require setting up ?

Could you PM me with a "fitted" price and a "supplied only" price. :)

The best thing is to hang fire until we finish Daves car, as there is a possibility that the fuel lines may not need doing with the new direction we are trying.