Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Work Finished On Is200 Turbo

Hi guys!

Only wanted to tell you, that I got a job again.

On July 4th I will begin my new work. :blush:

---> Tuning can be continued!! B)

Mike :winky:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
your gonna have fun, whats the manifold from, the flange looks identical, to the one your gonna be fitting

Looks YES..... is NO! :crybaby:

It will take ~3 days to make the on AutoCAD drawed, CNC cutted IS200 flange fit on an IS300 Turbo manifold..... :yawn:

looks awesome some mate

Looks very nice indeed so you can turbo an is300 over here with out much trouble, (the steering column in the way),

Im off to my police pre assesment now got my real assesment in january fingers cross ppl cos if i get in TURBO'D IS300 coming :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like my one mike :winky: you say this is for IS300, my one i got was for 2JZ, has the IS300 the same block "ie" 2jz ;) i only ask as that manifold looks like it needs alot more work done to it to make it fit, wheres my one was only out by 5mm on pot 3 & 4 :whistling: and thats why i had to have custom flange made.........

Looks like my one mike  :winky: you say this is for IS300,  my one i got was for 2JZ,  has the IS300 the same block "ie" 2jz  ;)  i only ask as that manifold looks like it needs alot more work done to it to make it fit,  wheres my one was only out by 5mm on pot 3 & 4  :whistling:  and thats why i had to have custom  flange  made.........

This is too for the 2JZ.

Wondering that yours was almost similar except those few millimeters.

When I set the center of both flanges, the hole from 1st and 6th cylinder fails about 2cm (20mm) :ph34r:

As I said.... won't be easy, but I already have a plan how to do.

Call me MikeGyver! :D

Looks like my one mike  :winky: you say this is for IS300,  my one i got was for 2JZ,  has the IS300 the same block "ie" 2jz  ;)  i only ask as that manifold looks like it needs alot more work done to it to make it fit,  wheres my one was only out by 5mm on pot 3 & 4  :whistling:  and thats why i had to have custom  flange  made.........

This is too for the 2JZ.

When I set the center of both flanges, the hole from 1st and 6th cylinder fails about 2cm (20mm) :ph34r:

I know mike thats why i ask the ? if the IS300 had the same block ;) but the opening's on your manifold are round wheres on my one they are rectangle shape -> (__), if you know what im on about, and with it being like that it all most fit apart from Pot 3 & 4 was only 5mm out :winky:

This is too for the 2JZ.

I know mike thats why i ask the ? if the IS300 had the same block ;) but the opening's on your manifold are round wheres on my one they are rectangle shape -> (__), if you know what im on about, and with it being like that it all most fit apart from Pot 3 & 4 was only 5mm out :winky:

What about the holes for the screws??

Did they fit?

If not, then I'm suggesting if they used a Toyota Supra manifold :unsure:

Well... the 2JZ cast iron block seems to be the same as the 1G except of having bigger bore holes for the pistons and a completely different head unit where the manifold is fitted.

But this doesn't have an effect on fitting the manifold, as it's mounted on the head. :yawn:

OK.... I will fix that problem in the winter holydays.... the Lexus is sleeping in the garage during the winter, so I don't need to hurry and have enough time for all. B)

This is too for the 2JZ.

Did they fit?

Well... the 2JZ cast iron block seems to be the same as the 1G except of having bigger bore holes for the pistons and a completely different head unit where the manifold is fitted.

But this doesn't have an effect on fitting the manifold, as it's mounted on the head. :yawn:

OK.... I will fix that problem in the winter holydays.... the Lexus is sleeping in the garage during the winter, so I don't need to hurry and have enough time for all. B)

yea mike my one was for 2JZ Toyota Supra, i had to have a custom flange made as the screw holes did not line up as it was made for , Supra :winky:

Put some pic,s up when its done mate

one more thing...........................good luck with makeing it fit :winky: . as i know this is going to be a pig off a job to make it fit, :driving:

This is too for the 2JZ.

Did they fit?

yea mike my one was for 2JZ Toyota Supra, i had to have a custom flange made as the screw holes did not line up as it was made for , Supra :winky:

one more thing...........................good luck with makeing it fit :winky: . as i know this is going to be a pig off a job to make it fit, :driving:

This is too for the 2JZ.

Did they fit?

you will be all right mike :winky:

The IS300 and the N/A supra use the same engine (2JZ-GE) the N/A heads have round ports, but the turbo'd supra has a different head with oval/square ports (2JZ-GTE) blocks are the same.

Thats a nice manifold though, just by looking on here it must miss by a bee's knee.

This thing was not bling-bling so I had to do something..... :D

BEFORE :ph34r:

IMAG0475.JPG

IMAG0476.JPG

IMAG0479.JPG

THEN :blush:

I had to grind it a bit....

IMAG0483.JPG

...and then polish....

IMAG0481.JPG

...really blinding.... :blink:

IMAG0482.JPG

IMAG0485.JPG

...you can see the surface of the workdish on the flange... like a mirror... B)

IMAG0491.JPG

The dyno-jet was very old... it didn't measure the torque and no power curve.

:yawn:

KW x 1.36 = BHP  B)

Do you guys use Dyno-jet or Dyno-dynamics over there in the UK?

Because the readings are different.. A dyno-jet dyno will give a higher reading than a Dyno-dynamics.. We use Dyno-dynamics here in Australia and they run both in the states..

KW x 1.34 = HP

Thats a nice polishing job..

Would of been more efficent if you had it ceramic coated (to help keep under bonnet temp down) You can get some great colours now ( glosses and a chrome look) The polish will loose its shine and radiate heat specially from the exhaust

Its also a great idea on the turbine housing to keep heat down and looks a heap better than a heat blanket.

For the 3lt I have even had all the intercooler piping and dump pipe done.. Looks great.. Doesn't flake or loose its shine.

Maybe after you weld it.. I can show you some pics of a few jobs we have done if you want?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links